08-19-2019

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 9

Android 9 disaster

2019-08-19, 19:48 PM

I was forced to get the android 9 update. It is absolutely horrible. I cant turn off my phone just using the on off button. When I have multiple apps open I have to swipe each one up or close all instead of them grouping together and hitting x to close. Several of my games do not close when I switch between accounts. I do not need a program to track my app use There are apps for that for people with that problem. The update drains my battery. No gestures off button. I dont need my phone to place my icons, i can do that myself. The power saver just does what it wants. The screen goes black at will. Some of my apps go into blinking mode since the updatea do not work.  update takes up allot of memory and slows my phone down. I should be able to choose the look and how my phone works. Dont like the buttons, notifications or overall look on my phone i am seriously considering going back to landline and just use laptop for games. I do not appreciate tracking software. I abhor mcafee. If I wanted iphone I would have bought one. I hate apple and the iphone. That is why I went android. If you are trying for iphone features please stop or give those of us that dont want them the ability to opt out . Overall the 9 update sucks royally i nearly threw my phone across the room. Please fix. I did not find anything I liked about android 9. It also made where I have to click on speaker phone for others to hear me during a phone call. I did factory reset, didn't not fix or help.  Rounded buttons, new color and rounded boxes unnecessary. Notifications don't like. Basically there is nothing about the update I like. I was happy with my phone before. When I called Verizon was placated and basically told to just live with it. Some change ok, but not this.  No  iphone. Totally frustrated.

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Views: 140787
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Android 9 disaster

2019-08-20, 17:31 PM

Hi Jfaulkner2,

Appreciate your post on Forums. I'd like to help, can you please confirm the model of your device, it looks like you posted on the wrong community (Droid Maxx 2 is old and won't have Android 9). Let me know so I can move you to the right community. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-19-2019

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2019-08-20, 21:03 PM

I am so sorry, Moto z (2)

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2019-08-22, 18:55 PM

Hi Jfaulkner2,

Thanks for confirming. I would recommend performing a factory data reset without restore. Back up your files before resetting your phone so you won't lose files. Once done, check and see if there's any improvement. Install your apps one at a time until we find out which might be causing an issue. Let me know. Thanks.

Factory Data Reset:
Settings > System > Reset options > Factory Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-19-2019

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2019-08-23, 10:30 AM

Tried factory reset and it forces the update through. I give up. Unless I can find a way to get rid of pie and go back to preupdate to 9. I hate pie. 

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2019-08-23, 17:10 PM

It is important that we don't restore/reinstall your third-party apps and files so we can better observe if the phone will do the same thing. Also, unfortunately, there's no native way to roll back to the previous software versions. But I don't think that's causing an issue. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-19-2019

US

7 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2019-08-23, 19:16 PM

I appreciate your help, but I have given up. If I can't get a Moto z2 without pie 9. Some change is good but not this much. I should have been given the choice on how much change and functionality of my phone. With pie now even turning off my phone doesn't work. It turns itself back on. I tried the reset no apps, still stupid pie controls with frustrating AI phone not me. I had gotten rid of auto type and now it's back even worse, totally  in tears.just keeps piling up. Need an app to make phone function more like Oreo. I prefer my cookies to pie. I now really dislike pie

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2019

IR

1 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 8 of 9

2019-09-04, 9:51 AM

I strongly agree with you

wrote:

Tried factory reset and it forces the update through. I give up. Unless I can find a way to get rid of pie and go back to preupdate to 9. I hate pie. 

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2019

IR

1 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 9 of 9

2019-09-04, 10:00 AM

Pie 9 is a disaster operational system.

Please release a new verison without this big problems suffering us:

1- Quick battery drain (now is 13:00pm and battery level is 41%!!!)

2- Small App Icons (not beautifull)

3- No confirmation of Google Accout sign in (before update it would ask YES/NO for performing signin in)

4- Volume keys only working for volume up and down of Media and not for Ringing

Please arrange the work.

*removed*

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete