02-03-2019

US

4 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 7

Any suggestions on what might be wrong with my Moto Z2 Force, drops calls

2019-02-03, 3:39 AM

Just came back from the Verizon store where they promised to send me a third Moto Z2 Force. The first one dropped calls unexpectedly and exited out of apps. I was taking a photo and when I touched the shutter it just exited the photo app without taking the photo repeatedly. The second one, well, I dropped it in "liquid." The third one, the one I'm returning when I get the replacement like the first drops calls and I get the message "DIAL request modified to USSD request." with an OK button. What does that mean, and why is it dropping calls after 1 to 10 minutes into a call?

Options

9322 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1053 Signins

141262 Page Views

• Views: 141262
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Any suggestions on what might be wrong with my Moto Z2 Force, drops calls

2019-02-05, 18:30 PM

Hi jackiejj8,

I appreciate the post you've made. I'd like to help. Are you getting that message when you make a phone call? Are you making international calls? Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-26-2019

US

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-03-26, 16:53 PM

I am also having this issue.  My phone will unexpectedly drop phone calls and give me the error message:  "Dial request modified to USSD request"  This just started to occur.  What is the issue and more importantly, what is the fix!

Options

4 Posts

02-03-2019

US

4 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2019-03-26, 18:55 PM

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I got fed up with the dropped calls so I went back to Verizon. Since the phone was still under warrantee, what they did was replace it with yet a 4th(!) phone of the same make and model.

It was fine for a couple of weeks and then, you guessed it, it started dropping calls again with the same message, or just dropping the call without that message. There would be a series of beeps before the drop, and the person on the other end would say I was breaking up a lot.

I've since activated an old Google Pixel (first version) for calls. No problems so far.

In answer to your questions: 

Are you getting that message when you make a phone call? When I make a call or receive a call

Are you making international calls? No international calls

I will update my profile with current phone, carrier and serial number when I'm done with this response.

It's okay to look at the apps just let me know when since now the sim card is in the Pixel, I'll have to put it back in the Moto Z2.

Options

4 Posts

02-03-2019

US

4 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2019-03-26, 18:58 PM

Thank you mtjim66 for your post. Every time I go to Verizon or call Motorola they have never heard of this problem. I'm glad (sort of) that someone else is seeing it. I'm sure when there's a solution we will both hear about it.

Good luck.

Options

9322 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1053 Signins

141262 Page Views

• Views: 141262
  • Message 6 of 7

2019-03-28, 13:28 PM

Hi jackiejj8,

Thanks for posting back. This is really odd. Have you tried moving to another area? I checked your IMEI and the network signal is very low. I'm thinking if it's only happening because of your current location. I would also suggest, observing this in safe mode.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

02-03-2019

US

4 Signins

70 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2019-03-28, 18:58 PM

I have experienced dropped calls both at home and in various other places. I have experienced dropped calls in the parking lot outside of the Verizon store in South San Francisco. It's dropped calls in a church in Phoenix, Arizona. I don't think it's related to a specific location.

I will try restarting in safe mode and I'll report back (probably not today though).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete