Options

93 Posts

10-24-2011

US

66 Signins

853 Page Views

• Views: 853
  • Message 1 of 4

At what point is the device considered a lemon?

2019-03-08, 14:50 PM

4th device now.

1st one out of the box had a bad screen.

2nd one was locked to previous owner (Sprint) and couldn't activate.

3rd one, the cell radio died completely, out of the blue (couldn't even make 911 calls. Just no cell service whatsoever).

4th one here, vibration motor seems to be dead. Worked on and off for a while. Now stopped again. Fails hardware test. It's not software related. Doesn't work in safe mode, either.

Anyone here have any power to get involved with getting me something else?

At this point, I mean, 4 devices in about 6 months. Is this worthwhile to either myself or Moto to keep using the warranty?

Do I keep getting warranty replacements every ~6 weeks on average until warranty runs out?

My last post here, I wasn't sure about selling the thing. Haven't had the replacement long at all.

Don't think I would want to sell this device to anyone.

Not sure I want to keep dealing with warranty so often, either.

Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Views: 140037
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: At what point is the device considered a lemon?

2019-03-13, 19:33 PM

Hi kansanian,

Sorry to know about that. I'd like to help. Have you tried testing the vibration via Moto Help app > Hardware Test >Vibration? Let me know the results. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

93 Posts

10-24-2011

US

66 Signins

853 Page Views

• Views: 853
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-03-13, 20:43 PM

Hi Agent_Rich, thanks for reaching out. I actually have been in contact with MotoBecky on this via PM. Believe she will be assisting on this, which, is awesome.

I have tried the hardware test, and it did not succeed, as well as trying safe mode. At this stage, I think it's just something with the hardware.

Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Views: 140037
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-03-14, 16:20 PM

Hi kansanian,

Thank you for your reply. I agree it looks like a hardware failure. I'm glad that you're already working with Becky with this. Just let me know if there's anything I can help. Just ping here and I'll respond as soon as I see it. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete