01-08-2017

CA

44 Signins

358 Page Views

• Views: 358
  • Message 1 of 16

Bluetooth sound issue

2018-07-23, 3:16 AM

@agent_rich: While i don't agree with the previous commenters tone, i would like to engage in a meaningful discussion with you and any other agents in hopes that our feedback can be better collected and you can continue to act as an advocate for our needs as best you can. I get you're a volunteer so your powers are limited, but your voice is limitless. 

We're all on here as commenters, lurkers and supportors, because at one point or perhaps even currently, we loved our motorola phones. However, certain decisions that have been made have not gone over well, and the annoying bugs have done nothing more than turn promoters of motorola into detractors which i'm sure is not the desired state. 

For myself, i've discovered the following laundry list of issues:

1) If I have a bluetooth device connected (like my watch) the audio is questionable at best. In other words, when i have my watch connected, and the phone is at full volume, i can barely hear it. Its as if the phone is playing the audio like a phone call, instead of media. I can replicate it, and the second i turn bluetooth off, then lower and raise the volume, the media plays as you would expect. This also effects calls, if i didn't have a bluetooth watch i'd miss more calls as all my phone does is vibrate because i cannot hear the ringer. 

2) Audio quality when using the usb-c to 3.5mm headphone adapter/bluetooth headphones --> I too have noticed the audio to be choppy at first then it eventually smooths out. But its choppy at the beginning of every song i play (using spotify as an example) which is very bothersome. 

3) Spotify acting strange when using the usb-c to 3.5 mm headphone adapter --> This could be an application thing but spotify seems to have a mind of its own when i use this cable (the one that came with the phone) where by it doesn't show in the app notification drawer but continues to play in the background. I can provide better details if necessary. 

4) Battery life --> I run moto mods to extend my battery life so no huge concerns there, however there have been days where i've only used my device lightly and my mod dies at 5 PM after unplugging it at 8 AM. Usually my mod lasts until around 7 or 9 PM. 

I hope the above is somewhat helpful and i welcome any discussion via PM, this forum or otherwise to ensure the product team or any team at motorola receives timely and accurate feedback to correct these issues and provide a better product to customers like us. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

PS: I'm interested in the MFN but it seems like all my inquires on this matter weren't answered as i'd like to know if my participation would be helpful here as i do testing for my work. 

Options

14 Posts

01-08-2017

CA

44 Signins

358 Page Views

• Message 2 of 16

Re: Ascending ring / increasing ring volume disable

2018-09-07, 2:59 AM

Hi Rich,

Hope all is well. I'm still waiting for a response from you to my previous message from a few weeks ago. Could you respond when you get a chance? Thanks!

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 3 of 16

2018-09-07, 16:42 PM

Hi fraunhofer,

Thanks for replying back. Regarding your concern, sorry I missed that. It looks like a different issue on this thread. For Bluetooth issue, I'd like to confirm, is it only happening with your watch? Have you tried connecting to other Bluetooth devices to see the difference? Second, what application are you using to play media? Are you streaming songs? 

Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

14 Posts

01-08-2017

CA

44 Signins

358 Page Views

• Message 4 of 16

2018-09-08, 0:31 AM

Hey Rich,

Well, there's a bunch of different issues here :P. I'll try to answer your questions as best as i can:

1) I can confirm this is happening with or without my watch. I've had days where i don't wear my watch, and i can replicate it. Seems like when i have the bluetooth on  for a while (and don't turn it off and on) this happens. Definitely seems like a bug. Its happened with my bluetooth headphones that i connect/re-connect several times a day as well but then the audio is limited to the ringing and media i'm trying to play through the speaker (let me know if that makes sense). I only use spotify to play songs/stream songs, but i also use youtube which is where this happens the most. 

I've updated my profile (sorry about that). As an FYI i have a dual SIM Z2 Force so you'll notice my IMEI has a /XXX to denominate the last 3 digits of the 2nd IMEI. 

I've also confirmed motorola privacy is on. Let me know if you have any further questions

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Message 5 of 16

2018-09-10, 21:13 PM

Hi fraunhofer,

Thanks for further explaining. I wonder if that will happen on safe mode. Can you please try booting the phone into safe mode and see if it will do the same thing? I wonder if it's just an app causing this.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

14 Posts

01-08-2017

CA

44 Signins

358 Page Views

• Message 6 of 16

2018-10-09, 2:41 AM

Hey Rich,

Sorry for the huge delay here, i tried switching to another Android device to test things out and am just migrating everything back to my Moto. Here's some comments for you:

1) Looks like the issues i'm facing are specific to my Moto when it comes to audio and sound bugs.

2) When switching to safe mode that renders all my apps unusable with the exception of youtube. As i use my device for personal and business use i can't test it like this. 

3) I can confirm (at least now, after the september security patch) the clipping of audio (at the beginning of each song) as explained in point 2 of my first post, is limited to just spotify. I'll try and submit a complaint to them to see if they can re-create the issue as it doesn't happen on youtube with streaming audio and google play music with local files. 

4) When it comes to point 1 of my original post:

"In other words, when i have my watch connected, and the phone is at full volume, i can barely hear it. Its as if the phone is playing the audio like a phone call, instead of media. I can replicate it, and the second i turn bluetooth off, then lower and raise the volume, the media plays as you would expect. This also effects calls, if i didn't have a bluetooth watch i'd miss more calls as all my phone does is vibrate because i cannot hear the ringer. "

I'm no longer using a watch, so i will be testing this issue now to see if it re-appears after a fresh wipe, and manual reinstall/migration of only text messages to this device. 

Any other troubleshooting steps you can suggest? Or can you connect with me someone that can potentially help me out?

Thanks Rich

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Message 7 of 16

2018-10-10, 19:56 PM

Hi fraunhofer,

Thanks for posting back. Let us know if you'll experiencing the same issue after doing the reset. We'll further investigate this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

10-20-2018

US

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 8 of 16

Re: Bluetooth sound issue

2018-10-20, 4:05 AM

I've been having the same issues when connected with a Bluetooth smartwatch. When my Z2 force is connected to my watch, when I answer a call on my phone the alarm sound and ringer on my phone gets lowered. No sound coming out of the phone speaker. Also the Moto Action Approach for Moto display does not work. I have to turn off Bluetooth and disconnect my watch from the Wear OS app and turn on Bluetooth and connect back to Wear OS to fix the issue. Please fix this problem.

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Message 9 of 16

Re: Bluetooth sound issue

2018-10-22, 14:03 PM

Hi Mikester619,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, the sounds only get back to normal when you disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth? May I know what is the make and model of the watch? Also, are you only experiencing this on that sepcific Bluetooth device? Kindly, run some testing with other Bluetooth device, I think it would help us to isolate the case. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

5 Posts

10-12-2010

3 Signins

13 Page Views

• Message 10 of 16

2019-10-24, 1:40 AM

@Agent_Rich or whomever will actually listen to me here, I just purchased a new Moto Z4 and while I LOVE this phone, I am HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED that this increasing ring volume "feature" is not something we can disable.  Why would you be so stubborn as to make it so that your phone could NOT be used by someone because they either are in a noisy environment like someone said, or that they just don't have that good of hearing anymore and don't hear it at all until it increases which like the person also said, that is a full 5-7 rings into the call for the calling party.  I too have had lots of people complain about why I don't answer my phone very fast.  Sometimes, depending on network conditions and if my phone is in my back pocket blocking the speaker, -AND I"m in a noisy environment which does happen often, I don't hear it at all and then I hear the notification sound letting me know I have a voicemail... that is provided they leave one.  WHo knows how many clients and jobs I have missed because of this.

Yes there is an app for that but why are you forcing us to trust the developer of this app not to put something else in that exploits the permissions that have to be allowed for this app to work when a simple toggle in the sound screen called Increasing ring ON/OFF could be put in there.  I know it can.  I've seen it on other phones and I think even when Moto introduced this way back in I think the DroidX it was able to be disabled.

Let's get this fixed please!!  Is anyone with me on this???  Kudo the pee out of this post please and let's get this done finally.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save