Options

3 Posts

09-17-2016

US

7 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 1 of 4

Casting/Mirror Cast/Chromecast to Roku 3?

2019-08-05, 5:06 AM

It looks like there is little to no option for casting from Moto Z (2) to other streaming sticks besides a Chromecast streaming stick connected to the HDMI input jack on an HDTV.  I chose a Roku 3 (4200X) streaming platform as it seems to be the most versatile one out there. 

Well it looks like Android devices or at least Lenovo/Motorola devices are not going to get a selection of compatability because Google owns both Chromecasting stick platform and Android right?  So there may not be any monitary incentive to allow compatability to competing streaming platforms like Roku.  Isn't that called monopolizing?  Unfair trade practices anyone?

There should be at least an app that can correct this incompatible "cast" (mirror screen) issue so our $700 Moto Z(2) can cast a picture, music or a video to our HDTVs.  Otherwise, we  have no choice but to go out and buy another streaming stick tying up another HDMI input port on the HDTV.  And I'm not convinced this will work after spending around $35-40 on a Chrome Stick.

Anybody?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

11-17-2016

US

5 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Casting/Mirror Cast/Chromecast to Roku 3?

2020-05-10, 6:23 AM
I think that it's ridiculous. I just bought a brand new fire stick right before I decided to buy the Motorola GA power phone. And found out that it only cast to a Chromecast stick. I'm tempted to return my phone.I think any stick and phone combination with casting capabilities should work.Google is definitely monopolizing and everything.
Options

3 Posts

09-17-2016

US

7 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-05-10, 14:56 PM
I also discovered this lack of comparability between my Moto Z (2) Force and my 2014 version of Roku 3. Can only Chromecast from smartphone to Chrome Stick is what it looks like. I still haven't bought a Chrome Stick as I already invested in a streaming platform, the best streaming platform that Netflix originally started with: Roku. Why doesn't Roku develop an app for Moto/Android users to interface with Chromecast?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9219 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1049 Signins

140602 Page Views

• Views: 140602
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-05-13, 16:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Here's the only way to cast the phone to a TV. Thanks for your feedback on this, I'll pass it along. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete