12-30-2013

US

11 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 7

Compatibility with Comcast mobile

2019-06-02, 15:38 PM

Does anyone have experience getting a Z phone working on Comcast?   They are currently selling G7 Power phones, so I assume that Z phones ought to work.  Comcast support will not answer, other than to restate company policy.

Options

21 Posts

03-21-2019

US

54 Signins

504 Page Views

• Views: 504
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Compatibility with Comcast mobile

2019-06-03, 18:58 PM

Officially, I have not gone to the local office to ask (blaah, blaah, blaah the policy). I believe it is not part of their system. I have an Xfinity sim I had set up with an unlocked iPhone SE--specifically for wifi calling. The line itself (we pay taxes) is free with our Xfinity internet.

I purchased a new Z3 Play mid-March and hoped for AT&T wifi calling. No such luck.  When I got my Pixel 3a, I was able to get wifi calling using it on our AT&T prepaid. The iPhone SE also, now, gets AT&T wifi calling. So I tried the Xfinity sim in the MOTO Z3P. A signal shows up identifying itself as Xfinity Mobile. I can call and receive calls. I cannot get voicemail although it had been set up for the iPhone. I can send/receive a txt msgs. No wifi calling available. I keep data off because I don't want to pay for it; however, I turned off wifi and attempted internet access, I got it. The LTE signal, in fact, was really good just looking at bars--usually very low. Chrome opened instantly. Although my Pixel phone info shows we are provisoned for VoLTE, I can't say we get it. I just don't know. I don't know if the Z3P gets VoLTE on Xfinity mobile. 

I've only been using the X sim in Z3P for a week. Access may disappear. Unofficially, it appears to work. The voicemail thing may be something I'm doing wrong on my end. IDK

Options

1 Posts

09-10-2019

US

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-09-10, 3:49 AM
Hi, i also have a Z3

Tried going to the Xfinity store to set up and they claimed it will never work, seems you have had more success. Could you assist me in what steps to use in order to switch mine over. I bought it unlocked from Amazon (for verizon or sprint- since xfinity ises Verizon network i was told it would work... now just stuck in limbo

I do have my xfinity sim card activated and not sure which steps to take to set it up correctly for verizon
Options

21 Posts

03-21-2019

US

54 Signins

504 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2019-09-10, 8:12 AM

I hope someone who can help reads your post. I simply put my sim into the Z3, and it still appears to "work." I'm away from that phone until the weekend (I should try to sell it as I don't use it.) My Z3 is unlocked, period. So, I don't know if yours has different firmware. I've read that full Verizon compatibility comes with their firmware; however, when I used my Xfinity sim in my unlocked iPhone SE, it worked. Of course, Xfinity supports the iPhone. I'll post again this weekend if I discover anything more to add.

Options

2 Posts

07-18-2018

US

5 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 5 of 7

2019-11-24, 3:13 AM

I have used a unlocked 5gs+ and am using a  unlocked g7 on Xfinity. The only problem I had was when I did not have my Xfinity phone, because I gave it to my brother to use. And I wanted to transfer my number to the Sims, it was a cheap Moto e. If you have an apple you have to unprogram your phone number off your apple account, or your voice mail will go to your apple device.

Options

6 Posts

12-30-2013

US

11 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 6 of 7

2019-11-24, 18:05 PM

I  purchased an unlocked Z4 phone from Motorola 2 weeks ago. I noted the Comcast/Xfinity is now selling three Moto phones, which I assume are compatible with their system.  They still refuse to consider BYO phones other than Apple and Samsung, even though they sell them.  I believe C/X has a relationship with Verizon for their non-WIFI network traffic. Maybe that is where the complication starts.  I am currently with T-Mobil.  The plan and company are great, but their coverage in western PA is far from universal.  Comcast says they are working on it; but they might work harder if more people complianed.

The Z4 phone on Android 9 is truly impressive.

Options

21 Posts

03-21-2019

US

54 Signins

504 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2019-11-30, 15:57 PM

I went to use my MOTO Z3 Play with the Xfinity Mobile sim. It no longer works. (Last used it about 6-8 wks ago.  Guess I'll end that account. Our regular AT&T prepaid has wifi calling now although, the X sim seemed to be a more reliable connection. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save