10-02-2017

US

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

Conflicting Info on LTE Bands Moto Z2 Force

2017-10-02, 19:34 PM

I have an unlocked tmobile z2 force and want to know if it supports band 17 for someone with AT&T.

So Moto website says that the Tmobile and AT&T phones both support the same bands including 17 (Even though Tmobile doesnt use 17). Yet when I called motorola tech support said AT&T is only supported with band 17. Are they confused? Am I confused? lol. I would assume both phones are identical but one just takes advantage of the different bands depending on which service you have. 

Also, Tmobile website doesnt list the phone as having band 17 but that could be because tmobile doesnt use it so why list it. 

ANyone know if both phones support the same bands?

Options

81 Posts

09-27-2017

US

86 Signins

1061 Page Views

• Views: 1061
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Conflicting Info on LTE Bands Moto Z2 Force

2017-10-02, 21:37 PM
The only way to know for sure if an unlocked device supports certain bands on that carrier is to pop that carrier's SIM into it and see what bands you can connect to.

Carrier tech support is going to know only about the devices they sell/that are certified for said carrier, so they're not a good source of information.

What I would do if I were you is go to an AT&T store and tell them you're considering switching but need to check band support, so you're asking them to pop an already activated* AT&T SIM into the phone.

*This last part is very important, as some carriers - such as Verizon - are very problematic with activating SIMs in unlocked devices. Activate the SIM in a device with all the account features - e.g. VoLTE - you want, and then put the SIM into your unlocked device.
Windows 10 Pro: Lenovo Flex 5 (15") 81CA | Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save