Options

2 Posts

03-05-2018

PK

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 13

Couldn't capture screenshot. Problem encountered while saving screenshot.

2018-03-05, 6:23 AM

I am having the subjected problem. Using this phone for about a month. Torrent is also not downloading. currently on Nouget. Please help.

Options

7782 Posts

03-05-2018

US

978 Signins

128662 Page Views

• Views: 128662
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Couldn't capture screenshot. Problem encountered while saving screenshot.

2018-03-05, 18:01 PM

Yawer,

I appreciate your time for letting us know about this, I am happy to assist you. We may try to do troubleshooting to fix screenshot problem. Kindly follow the steps in the Link (Application > Pre-Loaded App). Also, may I know if there's any error message. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

07-26-2018

IN

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 3 of 13

2018-07-26, 4:15 AM

After taking the screenshot in the notifications the message is "problem encountered while saving the screenshot" with notifixnotif heading "Couldn't capture screenshot".

Options

7782 Posts

03-05-2018

US

978 Signins

128662 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2018-07-26, 18:43 PM

Hi Nazib,

Thanks for posting on this thread. That's pretty odd. I'd like to verify, do you still have enough storage? Try making a screenshot while the phone is in safe mode, this way we can isolate third party apps. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

08-04-2018

IN

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 5 of 13

2018-08-04, 17:42 PM

Hi, I'm facing the exact same problem since about 2 weeks or maybe more. It's come to the point of high irritability now, so I searched online for a solution and landed up here. I registered just so I could post on this thread.

My phone is about 1.5 yrs old but is in pristine condition. It's a little overloaded though as I'm a heavy user with 80+ apps (down from 100+) and the measly 2 GB can't handle the load anymore and I'm looking to buy a 6gb phone, but that's an entirely different issue altogether.

Coming back to problem, I click the screenshot, sometimes upto 6 times or more, and each time it gives the exact same msg mentioned above. The screenshot folder is obvious empty as it didn't get saved. I'm at my wits' end as to why this is happening. Can you please suggest any troubleshooting steps maybe? I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

Options

7782 Posts

03-05-2018

US

978 Signins

128662 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2018-08-08, 20:14 PM

Hi sumitb31,

Thanks for posting on this thread. I'd like to verify, are you also having the same error message? Can't you also take screenshots when pressing the physical buttons? I was thinking if this is because of the location folder, if you're using an SD Card for your gallery, try unmounting it first and take a screenshot. I would also suggest, trying to capture a screen with safe mode (instruction is provided above post). Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

08-04-2018

IN

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2018-08-09, 6:16 AM

Hi Rich,

I don have a SD card mounted but the Screenshots default to the local folder, not to the SD card, hence the mounting/unmountin step is redundant and unecessary. I am getting the exact same error message and yes, it is happening when I press the physical buttons. Point to be noted is that this happens on few occassions only, not everytime. I have noticed usually when my phone is overloaded with extra memory being used that's when this happens. However, it shouldn't be the case ideally right ? As a stop gap solution, I have to reboot/restart phone and then take Screenshot again, and voila! it works.

Can you please rephrase the 'safe' mode troubleshooting step again please ?  I had trouble understanding earlier post. Maybe, when next time, my screenshot fails to save, I can switch to 'safe' mode and then test if the saving screenshot works or not and post another update.

Thanks,

Sumit

Options

7782 Posts

03-05-2018

US

978 Signins

128662 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2018-08-09, 18:36 PM

Hi sumitb31,

Thanks for confirming. It looks like an intermittent issue. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

3 Posts

08-04-2018

IN

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2018-08-09, 19:07 PM

Thanks for this Rich. I'll try it the next time it appears but it's pointless in my opinion as the issue anyways gets resolved with a phone restart. I guess it's a isolated issue with overloaded phones. Thanks again for all your support. Appreciate it.

Options

1 Posts

06-03-2019

IN

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2019-06-03, 18:33 PM

I m facing the same problem but, i have a tried a lots of time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save