Options

6 Posts

11-30-2017

US

23 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 8

Dear Motorola (who's your biggest rival?)

2019-07-02, 13:53 PM

Motorola,

It's been fun. From the star-tac to the razr and finally the Z2 Force. Lots of ups and downs, and lately a whole lot of let downs. After your suicidal decision to pull the Pie Update for anyone but your antitrust partner in crime Verizon, I'm left wondering weather I just say goodbye or hug an old friend as the pull the plug on thier life support. 

First of all (after the intro I guess) please if your a mod or employee I HAVE SEEN THE CANNED NON RESPONSE. I know how hard it can be to copy and paste a document that hopefully makes you cringe every time you read it so save it for the next one. This is for you to listen and others like myself to use what I'm calling your digital funeral to comment on what brand Motorola hates the most. Then we will know our next brand (hope they don't abandon us like you did)

Motorola, cellphones first manufacturer. You had a great run for many years. When the market got tough you fell back on your 2 way radio side to keep the name alive. With Android you made a huge comeback. What did you do? Basically told Google to get bent when they wanted manufacturers to keep up with the update schedule. Google smartly and promptly killed your almost clutched exclusivity deal. But still you pushed ahead. Then over the last half a decade or so you decide the next person you were bending over was your customers...

You were forced to settle a class action lawsuit over your decision to deny pretty much every warranty claim that came your way. When you started giving away Moto mods with Z line purchases you denied most of them causing people to have to scramble to jump thru your hoops you toss up with a limited amount of time to finally get it. (I spent hours on the phone. Same receipt same pictures for 2 claims one gets approved, other gets denied. Took 3 people to see I paid full retail for both phones). Now on the edge of the cliff looking down after promising were getting Pie You turn to your customers, wrap your lips around Verizon's shaft one last time, then give us the finger and pull a swan drive off the cliff. Been nice knowing ya.

Still have some things to deal with with you before I go. Sent my arbitration demand to arbitration@motorola.com. You can advertise promises for 2 full upgrades take too long to do it then just pull the plug and walk away. So yea my butt hurts I don't like giving you $4000ish for 2 Z2 Forces and all but the jankiest of mods. I did that because of the promise you would support the mods with new phones (Only for Verizon now) and give me 2 full Android updates. You blatently went against it so I feel it's only right I get compensated. 

Finally, for my fellow pissed off former, and soon to be former Motorola customers. Sticking within the realm of Android which manufacturer does Motorola hate the most? The one that if it just got a big influx of former Motorola users could finally put them out of thier misery. (I know some are excited at the razr prospect but with how they have been treating customers it's not worth the potential loss of investment, I say we boycott and shut it down before it can even try to launch). I have made it a personal goal to make sure my next phone purchase goes to the one most likely to sink Motorola are you with me?

Options

16 Posts

12-17-2010

US

30 Signins

365 Page Views

• Views: 365
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Dear Motorola (who's your biggest rival?)

2019-07-02, 15:21 PM
I know a few fellow Z2 users have snatched up the Pixel 3a, and that might very well be my next phone.
It's currently on Pie with 3yrs. of OS and security updates. Plus you can test the new android Q beta right now since it is treble enabled. I don't know about rivals, but any purchase that isn't Moto is a hit in the ol' Moto wallet.
Options

38 Posts

08-11-2018

US

147 Signins

1128 Page Views

• Views: 1128
  • Message 3 of 8

2019-07-02, 15:31 PM

It’s probabky one plus from similar unit sales.   Samsung and huweii are way out in front.   So google one plus and Nokia are probably the biggest direct competition 

Options

6 Posts

11-30-2017

US

23 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 4 of 8

2019-07-02, 19:16 PM

I'll try to keep the typos to minimum this time round lol. Last one was a hasty rant. I'm looking at the One Plus 7 pro. I'm with T-Mobile and they carry it in stock. Lot more research to do but like what I see so far. One thing that caught my eye is when updates roll out they have been one of the first (outside Google and One devices) to roll them out. Even going back to phones they released a few years back. Specs look fantastic and it's well under a grand. ($699USD) for T-Mobile. Just need to see some warranty reviews and should have the info I need to make my decision. Now I should make a flyer with all my Moto mods for sale and see if Verizon will let me put it up lmao. Only people that are gonna want them after this tragedy are Verizon Customers. 

Options

24 Posts

07-06-2019

IN

18 Signins

402 Page Views

• Views: 402
  • Message 5 of 8

2019-07-10, 1:27 AM

I myself was looking for a shift from Z2  Play. It works very fine (awesome) but wanted to experience Android P,Q for $300/400.

Prior to Z2 Play I used Z2 force, Sony Z2 Compact, iPhone SE, Sony Active.

So generally fan of 4 inch.

Being 2019 it's culture of 6+ inch. As this One Vision was sleek n handy to use back here to Moto. ???

So m confused n Still Searching my next technical soul 

Options

24 Posts

07-06-2019

IN

18 Signins

402 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-07-10, 1:29 AM
Nokia phones are not snappy as motorola. They are very slow in today 2019 too and **bleep** heavy as brick.
Options

24 Posts

07-06-2019

IN

18 Signins

402 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-07-10, 1:35 AM

Go n check communities of this OnePlus/Google Pixel/Nokia and figure out what customers commenting. Is there OS Stock n about usage n updates. And wthr this updates are genuine issue solving or just monthly gimmick.

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2714 Signins

25580 Page Views

• Views: 25580
  • Message 8 of 8

2019-07-10, 2:43 AM

Buy a Huawei, that will teach everyone a lesson. ?

~Scott
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save