03-15-2015

IN

2 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 12

Haptic Feedback / Vibration isn't working with Moto Z2 Force

2018-05-01, 8:31 AM

Hi, the vibration isn't working for my Moto Z2 Force. I've tried the testing from the device help - and it's failing the as well. I have tried formatting the phone, didn't resolve the issue. Kindly help me with the issue.

Options

8736 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136177 Page Views

• Views: 136177
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Haptic Feedback / Vibration isn't working with Moto Z2 Force

2018-05-01, 18:25 PM

Hi burochokkotti,

Sorry to know about that. Have you tested your notification if it does vibrate? Thanks

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

11-15-2018

US

3 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 3 of 12

2018-11-30, 20:23 PM
I have also lost this function during texts. I really need it too because of nerve damage in my finger tips.
Options

4 Posts

11-30-2018

US

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 4 of 12

2018-12-02, 20:59 PM

I have had this problem with two separate Moto Z2 Forces.  The phone is very durable but a very small drop will permanently break the vibration motor.  The first one got replaced under warranty because it would not take a factory software update.  Then the second one failed within a month after getting it.  I did not abuse the phone.  I realize Motorola doesn't warranty against "abuse" but this is supposed to be a somewhat rugged phone and I've never had this happen to any phone.  Not even one's that I dropped a far distance and did a fair amount of damage to.

I hope Moto is paying attention.  Please make this component or its connection to the MB more rugged.

Options

8736 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136177 Page Views

• Message 5 of 12

2018-12-05, 15:41 PM

Hi MikeC28fredthedog,

Thanks for posting. I understand your concern, I'd like to help. Can you please check if you have an option on the Settings >  Sound > Advance Option > Vibrate on Tap. Also, can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Also, let's test the Vibration on the Device Help app > Fix > Hardware > Vibration. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-30-2018

US

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2018-12-05, 16:01 PM

Trust me.  I have gone through every possible testing scenario with both of the phones this happened to.  I am happy to send you the information you requested via email or PM but the phone I am currently using works fine.  I bought a new one (probably a mistake) but as you had it on super sale, it was worth it to get the vibration back.  It's kind of annoying though because I specifically bought a phone with a shatterproof screen but I still have to treat it with kid gloves if I don't want the vibration motor to break.

This is NOT a software issue.  The first time it happened, I thought it was.  The second time (with the second phone) I noticed immediately after a 2-3 foot drop (from a sitting position).  Everything worked fine before the drop and when I picked it up?  No more vibration.  There was no other damage to the phone except a very small scratch on the case but the the motor was dead.  Since it was just out of warranty I accepted my vibeless fate.  When the phone went on sale (I assume this means it's being discontinued), I figured I had better take advantage.

***Edit I posted on here to help others avoid the hair pulling  I experienced with this issue.  I could not imagine that it was hardware damage from such a small drop but it was.  I spent a long time trying to figure out what setting was wrong and even wiped the phone twice.  This was a lot of time wasted when it was hardware failure all along.

Options

4 Posts

11-30-2018

US

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2018-12-07, 14:22 PM

My profile contains the information on the brand new and fully functional phone I just purchased.  I am happy to PM you details on the older one with the broken vibe motor.  I am certain it is broken.  I have tried everything including multiple system restores.  Like I said, this is the second time it happened and this time I noticed it immediately after dropping the phone from a height of 2-3 feet.  I was sitting at the time.

Options

8736 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136177 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2018-12-17, 16:24 PM

Hi fredthedog,

Thanks for updating your profile. Let's try addressing the software side as one of the factors. Try doing a factory data reset without restoring apps and see if the vibration would still not function. (Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset). We need to check the vibration without any files/apps reinstalled. Back up your files before doing the reset so you won't lose any of them. If issue persist, I would recommend sending the phone for repair,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-30-2018

US

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2018-12-18, 1:53 AM

Trust me.  The issue is hardware.  Like I said before, this has happened to me twice.  The first phone was replaced under warranty by AT&T because they couldn't get it to take an OTA update.  The phone was reset to factory several times.  The second one is still in my possession.  It has also been reset several times since it happened.  I remember the moment it happened.  Everything was working fine.  I dropped the phone.  No more vibration.  It stopped working entirely.  No feedback, no ring vibration, no nothing.  I tried everything including a reset.  I have attempted every diagnostic possible including factory reset.  It is broken.  The vibe motor is broken.

I have owned Android phones for ten years starting with the G1.  I have owned two phones from HTC, four from Samsung, and three from Motorola.  I was installing modded operating systems including Ubuntu on phones years ago.  I know how to check the settings and do a factory reset.  Before you ask - NO I did not modify the system in any way (root, unlock the bootloader, third party firmware, etc.)

I am trying to provide constructive feedback on what is obviously a hardware design flaw.

I am not going to send it in for repair unless it's free.    I bought a new phone direct from Motorola when they were on sale a couple weeks ago for $229.  I'm hoping this one isn't as fragile as the last two but at least I now have a spare if it breaks before the warranty runs out.

Options

10 Posts

02-03-2018

US

12 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 10 of 12

2019-05-30, 12:01 PM

This just happened to mine z2 force randomly -- a couple months after my waranty was up.  Never had this fail on any other phone I've had. I was told that I could pay $150 for a replacement phone if I sent it into moto. I believe this is due to poor phone design. No more moto / lenovo phones for me after this one. I'm not a happy customer. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save