DE

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 12

How to go BACK to Android 8? Wifi & Telephone Issue

2019-09-17, 14:34 PM

Hello!

I have the WiFi Issue and the Telephone Issue on my XT1789-06 after update to Android 9 too! It was a great error to update!

How can I install the latest Android 8 on my unlocked Motorola Z2 Force?

Greats,

Daniel

Options

1 Posts

09-12-2019

US

8 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: How to go BACK to Android 8? Wifi & Telephone Issue

2019-09-17, 16:42 PM

I had a great Motog6 before Android pie update. Now it's annoying at best and almost unusable at times. Keyboard lag, slow overall and totally unresponsive at times. Why go to the trouble of a factory reset if it's temporary?   Can we expect some help to correct this?

Options

8703 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1024 Signins

135887 Page Views

• Views: 135887
  • Message 3 of 12

2019-09-17, 20:28 PM

Hi DM1110,

Thanks for the post. There's no native way to roll back to the previous OS. I'd like to assist you on WiFi and other things you're experiencing. Can you please give more details of the behavior? Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Thanks.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

09-17-2019

DE

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 4 of 12

2019-09-18, 14:37 PM

Profile updatet.
Wifi Issue: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Moto-Z2-Force-wifi-issues-after-Android-9-Pie-update/td-p/4507556

Telephone https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Impossible-to-reject-an-incoming-call-call-on-Z2-Force-after-Pie/td-p/4495521

Now I disabled Use Data @ digital Wellbeing and Wifi looks pretty...

By the Way: Where go the VoIP in the Telephone App? Disabled by Motorola?

Options

30 Posts

06-27-2010

US

33 Signins

432 Page Views

• Views: 432
  • Message 5 of 12

2019-09-18, 14:55 PM

There is no way to go backwards to Android 8 after you have installed the upgrade to Pie.

Dawn
Options

8703 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1024 Signins

135887 Page Views

• Views: 135887
  • Message 6 of 12

2019-09-20, 19:36 PM

Hi DM1110,

I have those 2 reported and our team is working on that. Can you please verify the telephone app you're referring about? VOIP usually depend on the carrier. I'd like to get more details. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

11-30-2018

US

3 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 7 of 12

Re: When is the update to fix the bug caused by android 9.0 pir

2019-09-22, 20:53 PM

When is the issue  I reported caused by android 9.0 pi that is causing moto g6 to go good for awhile then say on screen before you unlock it after you first turn on phone missing sd card please insert into the device then goes away and is fine after you unlock phone and a temporary fix is to preform a factory reset on phone or computer o turn on for long screen password then re turn back on lock screen password and to fix for good I have to turn off lock screen password for good and leave it disabled for good and was told  known issue effecting all model Motorola phones including my moto g6 and other brands of phones and is caused by 9.0 pie that is hey are still creating correct fix for in upcoming update. How much longer before Motorola engineering and google engineering definitely get this fixed and definitely release the update patch fix for this his it is very very annoying sick of this on going issue. And hope definitely fixed in a update and definitely not caused by my phone falling and it’s hardware falling and it’s sd card slot reader falling that I need a replacement.

Options

2 Posts

11-30-2018

US

3 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 8 of 12

Re: 9.0 pie bug

2019-09-22, 20:58 PM

When is the issue  I reported caused by android 9.0 pi that is causing moto g6 to go good for awhile then say on screen before you unlock it after you first turn on phone missing sd card please insert into the device then goes away and is fine after you unlock phone and a temporary fix is to preform a factory reset on phone or computer o turn on for long screen password then re turn back on lock screen password and to fix for good I have to turn off lock screen password for good and leave it disabled for good and was told  known issue effecting all model Motorola phones including my moto g6 and other brands of phones and is caused by 9.0 pie that is hey are still creating correct fix for in upcoming update. How much longer before Motorola engineering and google engineering definitely get this fixed and definitely release the update patch fix for this his it is very very annoying sick of this on going issue. And hope definitely fixed in a update and definitely not caused by my phone falling and it’s hardware falling and it’s sd card slot reader falling that I need a replacement.

Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 9 of 12

2019-09-22, 21:10 PM

wrote:

First, you posted in a thread that has nothing to do with an SD card issue, then you posted in the Z2 community instead of the G6. So you need to post in the G6 community to try to see if others have this issue. I have many manufacturers phones on 9.0 or Pie with no SD issues at all. Even here on the Z2 community it has not come up once as an issue. So it's not 9.0. Sounds like a fault with the card or card reader in the phone. Go to the G6 community. Maybe it's a G6 issue I haven't heard about. At least you can get help from other users with your model phone over there. Good luck.

Options

25 Posts

02-17-2009

HR

107 Signins

755 Page Views

• Views: 755
  • Message 10 of 12

2019-09-24, 13:26 PM

Dear Moto Agents, 

Instead of promising a fix that is not coming for a month and a half, would it be possible to release a offical downgrade to Oreo in the meantime? And then you can take your time with making a fix.  I really don't care about Android pie, I just want a working phone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save