DE

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 21 of 63

Re: Impossible to reject an incoming call call on Z2 Force after Pie update

2019-09-11, 14:37 PM

Dear Agent_Rich,

first of all I have the same symptoms as described in this thread with my Z2 force. It is used as a business phone and basically rendered unusable since the Android 9 update.

The facts are as following:

- Incoming call: the incoming call screen is shown, the swipe to accept/reject the call is working well the UI responds properly. However the phone still rings and nothing happens. After a while the other party gave up and the phone process goes to background

- If lateron I am trying to perform a outbound call nothing happends, no ringing, no tone. The signal bar is at regular level.

- Only a reboot brings back the phone feature to the smartphone w/o phone.

IMPORTANT:

The suggestion to disable wellbeing works! After that the phone is usable again, I can receive calls, can reject calls and can process outbound calls.

SIDENOTE:

The other users are IMO right your approach to reset a phone like the Z2 force is not practical and does not help in any way.  If this would be the only way to get that issue resolved i would have thrown the Z2 away and moved on to another vendor. Just because of the time

wasting with the phone w/o the guarantee that the situation is now under control.

Bottom line, this forum and the other users safed me a lot of time - thanks a lot.

regards

Steffen

Options

5 Posts

09-06-2019

GB

9 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 22 of 63

2019-09-11, 14:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions: just to confirm, when you say "disable digital wellbeing" the only setting I could find for this was an app (which I've now disabled) - is that what you mean? Or are there other settings I should also be changing?
Options

35 Posts

01-14-2018

BR

50 Signins

433 Page Views

• Views: 433
  • Message 23 of 63

2019-09-11, 14:53 PM
I followed this instructions: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-turn-digital-wellbeing-your-pixel-phone
Options

5 Posts

09-06-2019

GB

9 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 24 of 63

2019-09-11, 15:00 PM
Thanks. Can't believe I missed that, but it's possible. I'll check again when I get home tonight :)
Options

2 Posts

09-04-2019

US

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 25 of 63

2019-09-11, 16:18 PM
It appears that a handful of users have isolated the Digital Wellbeing app as the primary source of the problem, so this would be a native Android bug correct?
Options

25 Posts

02-17-2009

HR

107 Signins

755 Page Views

• Views: 755
  • Message 26 of 63

2019-09-12, 11:53 AM

A week after disabling digital wellbeing, the problem came back. Call & wifi problems again. So, it's not permanent, at least for me.

Options

8712 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1024 Signins

135957 Page Views

• Views: 135957
  • Message 27 of 63

2019-09-16, 16:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

Please update your profile with your IMEI. Here's the instruction. Also, we'd like to see this actual behavior, we would appreciate if you can send a sample video and a bug report when you encountered this again. Thanks.

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report 
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.
To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

25 Posts

02-17-2009

HR

107 Signins

755 Page Views

• Views: 755
  • Message 28 of 63

2019-09-17, 16:55 PM

*removed*

Bug report just after it happened. Didn't have time to take the video( the caller dropped the call). 

Someone was calling me and I tried to answer. I swiped to accept(the screen is not 'frozen') but you can't accept the call, it won't connect it. Then the screen went blank(white) but the phone is still ringing/vibrating. 10 seconds after (when the caller drops the call), the screen returns to normal. You can use the the phone, but when you try to call the caller back, nothing happens. You can't call anyone, pressing the phone icon in 'recents' or 'favourites' list does nothing.  Then I have to restart the phone and afterwards, I can call again.

Local time: 13:29

I've updated my profile with SIM 1 IMEI

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Options

8712 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1024 Signins

135957 Page Views

• Views: 135957
  • Message 29 of 63

2019-09-20, 20:30 PM

Hi blacksob,

Appreciate your observations. I have shared the logs to the team. I'll let you know if we need further info or if there's anything else we can try. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

09-22-2019

BR

5 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 30 of 63

2019-09-22, 3:02 AM

Me too. How to fix? Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save