08-25-2017

US

121 Signins

719 Page Views

• Views: 719
  • Message 1 of 5

Increased phone temperature

2017-09-28, 3:59 AM

Has anyone recently noticed an increase in their phone temperature or decreased battery life? I went from easily getting through a day plus to half a day with similar usages. The previous day's I has attributed to using Bluetooth more than normal to transfer pictures from a camera to a phone and the increased temperature of the environment I was in. Being back in my normal environment and not using the app now I still see this.

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Increased phone temperature

2017-09-28, 15:43 PM

wrote:

Has anyone recently noticed an increase in their phone temperature or decreased battery life? I went from easily getting through a day plus to half a day with similar usages. The previous day's I has attributed to using Bluetooth more than normal to transfer pictures from a camera to a phone and the increased temperature of the environment I was in. Being back in my normal environment and not using the app now I still see this.

Hi rangerwolfy

When did it start to happen? Have you tried booting your phone so it can kill whatever activities running on its background?

It is normal for a phone to heat up as it takes full advantage of its CPU (e.g. Games, Movies, Music, Phone calls). This will cause your device to feel hot. Even if you are not using the phone, there are applications that are still running in the background that may contribute to phone's rising temperature. Even a weak signal can make your phone much warmer, even without using it. Please stop for a while to avoid damage to your device. Here are tips for Managing and Understanding a Warm or hot phone. 

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Here are tips on how to extend your battery life. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

80 Posts

08-25-2017

US

121 Signins

719 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2017-09-29, 13:33 PM

Ella,

When did it start to happen? Have you tried booting your phone so it can kill whatever activities running on its background?

The decrease was noticed about a week ago and as I stated in the origional post I was using it differently than normal.  After returning to my normal environment and usage the heat continued.  Yes I have rebooted my phone via holding power and volume up.

It is normal for a phone to heat up as it takes full advantage of its CPU (e.g. Games, Movies, Music, Phone calls). This will cause your device to feel hot. Even if you are not using the phone, there are applications that are still running in the background that may contribute to phone's rising temperature. Even a weak signal can make your phone much warmer, even without using it. Please stop for a while to avoid damage to your device. Here are tips for Managing and Understanding a Warm or hot phone. 

Yes I know that heavy use can make my phone hot. The thing is it probably shouldnt be happening right after a reboot when it is doing nothing other than sitting on my desk with a full wifi connection or as soon as i turn my phone on to check/send a text msg. Also my GF has an identical model with similar software and usage and she hasnt noticed a heat spike.

Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Here are tips on how to extend your battery life. Hope this helps.

The phone is about a month old so it shouldnt have started degrading just yet.

Options

240 Posts

12-18-2013

US

187 Signins

1866 Page Views

• Views: 1866
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-09-29, 13:52 PM

Getting hot USED to be normal. Not anymore on this new SnapDragon processor. 

Options

80 Posts

08-25-2017

US

121 Signins

719 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2017-09-29, 14:18 PM
exactly. which is why i quickly noticed the difference. I'm sure i can still help melt it if i attempt to play hours of pgo in AR mode..... ;)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save