06-10-2016

US

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 6

Missing Moto App functions

2017-08-21, 0:08 AM

I just switched from a Droid Turbo to the Moto Z2 Force. Recently, my Turbo stopped working with wave to snooze and I noticed it isn't even an option on the Z2 Force. This was a really handy feature and it would be great to have it back.

I also miss that this phone can't do custom launch phrases though Moto Voice. That was a fantastic function as well.

Options

821 Posts

02-20-2009

US

1000 Signins

6041 Page Views

• Views: 6041
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Missing Moto App functions

2017-08-21, 1:56 AM

Just go to the Moto app on the Z2 Force and set all that up. You can train the phone to recognize you voice instead of an activation phrase (used with older phones). The activation command should be "Show me..." after you have trained the phone to recognize your voice. An example to launch Gmail would be "Show me Gmail"

"Approach for Moto Display" is one of the settings under the Moto app where the phone will show you time with just a wave of your hand. You just have to toggle it on.

Options

1 Posts

09-29-2017

US

3 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-09-29, 20:49 PM

I purchased my Moto Force z2 yesterday. When I tried setting up a new launch phrase (instead of OK Google) I found the feature is no longer available. The new show me feature is useless. Why did the software engineers ever think the changes they made were an improvement. Every time I say OK Google all of the devices (including my wife's phone) try to answer.

I chatted on Messenger and called tech support. Aside from the fact that they had no clue they told me to wait a couple of weeks for a new software update that would fix the problem (of which they had no clue). So, my question is there a new update in the next two weeks that will add back the launch phrase change option as well as the ability to set rules? 

Additionally, why did they break a perfectly good software package?

Options

453 Posts

11-20-2009

US

207 Signins

2445 Page Views

• Views: 2445
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-09-30, 4:13 AM

wrote:

I purchased my Moto Force z2 yesterday. When I tried setting up a new launch phrase (instead of OK Google) I found the feature is no longer available. The new show me feature is useless. Why did the software engineers ever think the changes they made were an improvement. Every time I say OK Google all of the devices (including my wife's phone) try to answer.

I chatted on Messenger and called tech support. Aside from the fact that they had no clue they told me to wait a couple of weeks for a new software update that would fix the problem (of which they had no clue). So, my question is there a new update in the next two weeks that will add back the launch phrase change option as well as the ability to set rules? 

Additionally, why did they break a perfectly good software package?

If her's goes off then she can set it to her voice and then it will stop.  I don't think the custom launch phrase is coming back, and honestly people want quicker updates more and more things will be pull out simply because the more they put in the longer updates happens.  They are stuck in a catch 22.

Options

441 Posts

03-08-2013

DE

450 Signins

5250 Page Views

• Views: 5250
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-10-01, 7:35 AM

What else do you expect when they have their priorities on just making me with as little R&D as possible. 

Options

240 Posts

12-18-2013

US

187 Signins

1866 Page Views

• Views: 1866
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-10-02, 12:46 PM

Motorola removes redundant features. I like that they do that. Agree the new Moto voice is useless. 

Supposedly Google is going to allow different launch phrases in the near future.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save