02-05-2018

US

22 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto Camera 2 app on Z2 Force causing applications to close

2019-05-02, 17:36 PM

For a while now the Moto Camera 2 app has been having an issue where is causes other applications in active memory to close. When another application calls the Camera up when I want to take a photo it closes all the background apps most of the time and occasionally closes the app that actually called up Camera 2 app in the first place. I've even had the Camera crash by itself a few times, after taking a photo when not opening the camera through another app, but that is much more rare. Most of the time the photos save, as far as I recall lately, but I have seen them not save when the issue first seemed to start happening. 

The only solution I've found to resolve when it starts doing this is to restart the phone, to clear all recent apps out of RAM and start fresh, which totally ruins when you are actually attempting to take pictures of people and events, as it ruins the spontinaity of the moment, having to either restart the application you are using, the camera app itself, both or the phone.

I have not tried any other camera apps, as I tend to prefer to the stock apps on my devices, but would be willing to try another to test.

I am using the Moto Camera 2 app, version 7.2.32.61

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto Camera 2 app on Z2 Force causing applications to close

2019-05-02, 18:21 PM

Hi noted4k,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm when you say it closes all the background app, does it also mean that they're gone in the recent apps like you swipe them out from the recent apps? Also, what are these apps? Are you getting an error message? Does it happen with the native apps such as Messages app, Settings? If possible please send us a sample video so we can further investigate. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

02-05-2018

US

22 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 3 of 8

2019-05-02, 19:56 PM

If it is other apps open in the background then they still appear in the recent apps, but restart when I select them. This has happened with multiple apps, like Chrome, Telegram, GasBuddy, Facebook, PokemonGo and LinkedIn, to name a few I recall having it occur with recently. It's especially obvious when the app that needs to restart has a "Loading" or splash screen when it is starting back up from scratch.

If the app that actually called up the Moto Camera "crashes" I am able to take the picture using the camera, but when it attempts to return to the app I get an error on screen that the app has stopped. This morning it occured when taking a picture for the Niantic game "Ingress". 

I have just attemptted to replicate the issue to test if it occurs with recently opened native apps like Messages or Settings, but did not have an issue calling either up from the recent apps list,  although I believe it happening with Chrome in the past fulfills your "native app" question.  Since I was unable to get it to repeat just now I have no video for you at the moment. I just restarted my phone during lunch, however, which usually fixes the problem for a time, so that might explain why it didn't happen. I will try again later when I have more time.

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-05-03, 19:30 PM

Hi noted4k,

Thanks for further explaining. It looks like more of processing time, the phone needs to be restarted at least every 24-48 hours to clean the phone's processor and that will make it perform faster. If this happen again, observe this behavior in safe mode until you see improvement and so we can isolate some of your third-party apps.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

18 Posts

01-30-2014

32 Signins

296 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-02-12, 14:42 PM

I too have the same issue. Been happening for months. Make me think it is running low on RAM. I thought 4GB would be enough but apparently not. When I first got the phone it did not do this. 

The camera app rarely crashes but every once in a while it does. But when I launch it, all other programs unload from RAM. Apps still in the task list but when I tap on any it has to reload it. It does not matter what apps I have opened. Could be Youtube, Facebook, ThinkOrSwim, twitter, etc. 

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-02-13, 18:20 PM

Hi danwat12341,

Thanks for posting on the thread. Try restarting the phone to refresh the system (Press and hold the power button > restart). Does it happen after a few seconds of switching apps between the camera and the other app?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

18 Posts

01-30-2014

32 Signins

296 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-02-15, 3:59 AM

This has been an issue for a long time. After restarting I open a few programs like a web browser and something else and then open the default camera app, take a picture or two and then I switch back to the other apps. Often they reload. I go back into Camera app and use it some more, often the same thing happens when swtiching, sometimes not but more than 50% of the time. 

If I use a 3rd party camera program like 'Open Camera' it doesn't as often. I'm going to force myself to always use Open Camera for now.

Is there a program that can track and show the RAM usage of each program and its history?

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-02-17, 14:52 PM

Hi danwat12341,

Thanks for your reply. There are some apps in the Play Store you can try, I recommend using Files app by Google, you can clear up some space and cache. I would initially consider the data processing of the device in this case, have you test this in safe mode as suggested above? Let me know if you'll notice improvements.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save