09-06-2019

US

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto Z Force 2 ringer

2019-09-06, 21:29 PM

So I install the latest software update and what happens? The volume control on the side of the phone.....you know the one that controls the ringer on every phone I have ever had (including this one) is now controlling the "Media" Seriously?? For me, one of the most commonly used features is to adjust the volume usually required fairly quickly. I now have to go into settings and use the slide bar to turn down the volume. Motorola was no help. Anyone experiencing this? Cannot believe they chaged this feature with an update.

Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto Z Force 2 ringer

2019-09-07, 1:11 AM

wrote:

So I install the latest software update and what happens? The volume control on the side of the phone.....you know the one that controls the ringer on every phone I have ever had (including this one) is now controlling the "Media" Seriously?? For me, one of the most commonly used features is to adjust the volume usually required fairly quickly. I now have to go into settings and use the slide bar to turn down the volume. Motorola was no help. Anyone experiencing this? Cannot believe they chaged this feature with an update.

My Z2 didn't get 9.0. But my other phones did. When I use the volume control on the side it will bring up a slider on screen. If you drag it fully open , you should see a switch to control media from the side buttons. Enable it and it should work.

Options

30 Posts

06-27-2010

US

33 Signins

432 Page Views

• Views: 432
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-09-07, 13:54 PM

OMG! Yes! This is so annoying when I want to silence my phone. It's no longer 1 simple step. Arrrrggg!

Dawn
Options

14 Posts

01-31-2010

US

57 Signins

667 Page Views

• Views: 667
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-09-07, 17:33 PM

I found a workaround to get the volume buttons to change the ringer volume without making a sound:

1. Download Button Mapper

2. Install it

3. Run it and follow the onscreen instructions to change the accessibility settings

4. Select "Volume Up"

5. Toggle "Customize" to on

6. Press the back button

7. Select "Volume Down"

8. Toggle "Customize" to on.

9. Enjoy

This adds a volume slider for the ringer beside the media slider.

It would be nice if this was the default behavior.

Options

14 Posts

01-31-2010

US

57 Signins

667 Page Views

• Views: 667
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-09-07, 17:58 PM

wrote:

wrote:

My Z2 didn't get 9.0. But my other phones did. When I use the volume control on the side it will bring up a slider on screen. If you drag it fully open , you should see a switch to control media from the side buttons. Enable it and it should work.

The sliders on the z2 force do not let you drag open as you described.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save