08-06-2018

US

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Z2 Camera black screen/not working

2020-03-07, 7:20 AM
For the last 2 weeks or so my Moto Z2 Camera has just stopped working. When I launch the camera app it just gives me a black screen. No text or prompts or error messages. Nothing. I have already run the hardware test and both cameras work just fine. I even downloaded a third party camera app a couple of days ago and it works just fine. I think it's the Moto Camera app that is failing or something else. Kind of at a loss. Also, I have already cleared the cache and the storage for the camera app as well. I am not willing to factory reset the phone as that is not an option right now. Any and all help is much appreciated.
Screenshot_20200307-005706.png
Options

7782 Posts

03-05-2018

US

978 Signins

128662 Page Views

• Views: 128662
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Moto Z2 Camera black screen/not working

2020-03-11, 21:33 PM

Hi thastriker,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried testing the camera in the Device Help app > Device diagnosis > Hardware test > Camera? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save