06-13-2018

US

22 Signins

290 Page Views

• Views: 290
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto Z2 Force Charger that comes with phone

2018-06-27, 14:26 PM

Just ordered the Z2 force and could not find specs or a photo that comes with the phone.  Does the charger have an integrated cable or does it have a USB-Type A port on the charger and come with a removable cable that is USB Type A to USB Type C?

TIA!

Options

30 Posts

06-27-2010

US

33 Signins

432 Page Views

• Views: 432
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto Z2 Force Charger that comes with phone

2018-06-28, 12:44 PM

Mine came with the removable USB-C cable and separate plug block. Purchased Dec 2017

Dawn
Options

12 Posts

06-13-2018

US

22 Signins

290 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2018-06-28, 12:45 PM
Thanks...hope that is what I get as you can always replace a bad cable.
Options

30 Posts

06-27-2010

US

33 Signins

432 Page Views

• Views: 432
  • Message 4 of 7

2018-06-28, 12:49 PM

I've had excellent success with additional Rampow cables I purchased on Amazon. They even make little converters that I can use on the ends of my micro USB to convert them to USB-C. With them,  I can use my older micro cables, which I had previously bought to use with my now dead LG-G3, with my Z2F.

Dawn
Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Views: 145173
  • Message 5 of 7

2018-06-28, 17:54 PM

Hi sawdin,

Thanks for posting. Here's the link where you can find the specification list. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

12 Posts

06-13-2018

US

22 Signins

290 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2018-06-28, 18:30 PM
I checked that previously, but it doesn't specify anything beyond it being a 15watt charger.
Options

12 Posts

03-06-2012

United States

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 7 of 7

2018-10-15, 2:39 AM

I thought this would be helpful information since you seem like the type of person to want to get the best charger available for your phone.  The 15 WATT charger that comes with the phone is NOT the fastest charger available for this phone.  The phone can take more than 15 watts.  This is difficult information to find but nevertheless it's accuate.  I don't remember the exact max amount the phone can take, however I've had significantly faster Turbo Charging with a Verizon Wireless 27Watt car charger.  This is especially true if you are charging a moto mod AND the phone at the same time. 

The charger I would reccomend that would be best for your phone is the Turbopower 30 wall charger available here:

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/turbo-power-30-wall-charger

I would not buy it on amazon or anywhere else.  Get yourself a genuine guaranteed not to be a knockoff charger direct from Moto.

They bundle the 15 watt charger with the phone for a few reasons.  A) To save money, and B) Not many people are going to miss the extra speed this gives you.  You'll only notice the extra power when the phone is very low on battery power or you are charging mods at the same time as the phone is charging.  The mod example is especially true with the turbopower battery back mod.

I hope this helps.  I've worked many hours trying to find this info and found even many Moto support reps do not know the phone can be charged faster with the Turbopower 30 than with the Turbopower 15 that is included with the phone.

I can also guarantee you that you are in no danger of damaging your phone by buying a charger that is "too powerful".  Buying the 30 watt charger does NOT mean you are going to charge at 30 Watts, nor does buying a 37 watt charger mean you will "overcharge" your phone at 37 watts.  Phones are smart enough to only ask for what they can handle.  I doubt the Moto Z2 force can take the full 30 watts that the Turbopower 30 is capable of providing but I GUARANTEE you it is able to take more than the Turbopower 15 is capable of putting out.  If the Z2 Force is asking for 20 Watts, the Turbopower 30 will only put out 20 watts.  Likewise if the Z2 Force (or any phone for that matter) is asking for only 10 watts, any charger will only give it the 10 watts it is asking for.

In my experience Motorola for all the good and bad put out some of the best chargers on the planet.  There's also a very small possibility that there is something special about Turbopower chargers that enable only Moto phones to use them to their full potential.  That said, my Verizon branded 27 watt car charger is significantly faster than my Turbopower 15 that came with the Z2 Force I have.  This is evident by the time needed to charge (when the phone is very low on power) and also an app called Ampere which shows mAh going in or out of the battery.  With the Turbopower 15 wall charger I see up to 2500mA positive rate.  With the Verizon car carger I've seen over 3000mA.  This proves the phone is asking for more than the Turbopower 15 can provide.  The Turbopower 30 will give your Z2 Force or any USB C Moto phone all the power it is asking for and you can trust it 100% because it's Moto and litterally MADE for your phone.  In fact; I've read people with other phones buying Motorola's USB-C Turbopower 30 and their older Turbopower 25 just because they are some of the highest quality chargers in existance.

I hope this helps you and others as Moto themselves are very quiet on specifications and which charger is best for our devices.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete