07-06-2017

US

6 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto Z2 Force - Cool Camera feature but not sure how it does it

2017-09-27, 13:39 PM

I used my Moto Z2 force to take a picture of a poster. After taking the picture, there was a pop-up on the screen to add the title of the poster to my contacts, call send a message, etc. I can't figure out how or why it did it but I like it! Any ideas out there. There wasn't a bar code or anything like that on the poster that it scanned or any other reason that I can find. It's a cool option and I'd like to share how to do it but need more details. See the images below. 

I took the picture of the poster and this is what I saw. Notice that it has all of these options at the top of the screen and that it captured the primary title of the poster. How did it do that? 

Thanks for your help

Rhonda

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto Z2 Force - Cool Camera feature but not sure how it does it

2017-09-27, 13:43 PM

wrote:

I used my Moto Z2 force to take a picture of a poster. After taking the picture, there was a pop-up on the screen to add the title of the poster to my contacts, call send a message, etc. I can't figure out how or why it did it but I like it! Any ideas out there. There wasn't a bar code or anything like that on the poster that it scanned or any other reason that I can find. It's a cool option and I'd like to share how to do it but need more details. See the images below. 

I took the picture of the poster and this is what I saw. Notice that it has all of these options at the top of the screen and that it captured the primary title of the poster. How did it do that? 

Thanks for your help

Rhonda

It is actually an OCR (optical character recognition) feature for business cards - but the phone can't really tell one set of text from another, so it tried to make a contact out of it. 

I have used it for business cards - if the font is clear it works well. But for some italic fonts, it doesn't do well at all. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

3 Posts

07-06-2017

US

6 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-09-27, 13:46 PM

Thanks for the quick response! I assumed it was something like that but didn't see any sort of an option for it within the phone. 

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-09-27, 13:53 PM

wrote:

Thanks for the quick response! I assumed it was something like that but didn't see any sort of an option for it within the phone. 

if you go into camera settings - open camera and swipe left to right - replay tutorial, it is mentioned.... but no actual settings that i know of. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save