Options

1 Posts

10-25-2019

US

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto Z2 Force Hotspot Dual Band option not functioning.

2019-10-26, 0:06 AM

Greetings,

In all the documentation I can find on the Moto Z2 Force's features they say the Mobile Hotspot is supposed to function in dual band, that is, using both the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz bands at the same time. On my phone (Android v9) when the hotspot is turned off, I can select both bands and it indicates 2.4 AND 5. But when I turn on the mobile hotspot it immediately turns off the 2.4. If it is already on and one band is selected and I select the other band to make it dual band it turns off the hotspot and turns off the 2.4 then turns the hotspot back on.

My wife's phone (Samsung Note 9 also running Android v9) actually works in dual band. The end result is that while I can get fair internet connection on my phone with my PC and the TP Link AC1200 Archer T4E wireless card (average DL speeds of 4mbs) my wife's phone on the same setup, same devices gets in the range of 45mbs.

Why can the Z2, which claims to be dual band capable, not actually function dual band? Is there something I'm missing or a setting burried in the phone or perhaps an app I'm supposed to download? Or is the Z2 Force just not actually dual band capable? I'm an online gamer and would love to get the same internet speeds on my phone as on my wife's. Also our phone and data plans are exactly the same and we're on Verizon 4G.

Marcus

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2714 Signins

25580 Page Views

• Views: 25580
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto Z2 Force Hotspot Dual Band option not functioning.

2019-10-26, 1:48 AM

I think the confusion may be the difference between "function in dual band" vs a dual band capable phone.  I think Moto phones (and maybe all stock Android) broadcast one signal at a time, but are capable of switching between either.  Phones like Samsung don't use stock Android and use s heavily skinned version of Android, which they incorporate different features & functionality

~Scott
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save