US

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto Z2 Force System Crashing

2019-09-26, 0:19 AM

Hello all

I updated to Pie in August and had no issues. I installed the Turbo app, and my phone started crashing randomly. I am not sure if this caused it, because I uninstalled the app but the problems persisted. I factory reset my phone as well. Have reinstalled very few apps (iNaturalist, Spotify, Shazam) but the problem persists.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern to when it crashes, but it will crash repeatedly if I don't charge it between crashes (even if there is plenty of battery). It has crashed when opening the camera, but it won't always. It will crash when I try to Google Search something, but not always. It might crash when I open Message+, but not always. If it crashes, and I try to restart it, it might crash immediately after I unlock the phone. It might crash in the middle of a phone call. Sometimes after it crashed and I try to start it, it will say 0% battery, despite there being plenty of charge; otherwise, it could just power back up. It might stop powering up as well.

I've tried looking it up but no one seems to be having this exact issue. I hope someone can help! I can't really afford a new phone :/

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2714 Signins

25580 Page Views

• Views: 25580
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto Z2 Force System Crashing

2019-09-26, 1:42 AM

Sorry to hear about all those issues.  It kind of sounds like a failing battery, in some regards.  Have you contacted Moto customer support about the warranty, or repair options available?

Also, when you did the factory reset did you setup the phone as new or let Android restore everything from a backup?  If all your apps and settings restored from a backup the problem might have automatically returned. 

~Scott
Options

2 Posts

09-26-2019

US

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto Z2 Force System Crashing

2019-09-26, 15:42 PM
Thanks for the response! That would make sense that it's a bad battery. The warranty has expired, so I might have to take it somewhere or just buy a phone that has an easily replaceable battery.

I didn't restore from a backup. I did port in my contacts and whatnot from Google, but I reinstalled apps manually.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save