08-25-2017

US

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto Z2 Force from SPRINT Froze and Won't turn back on

2017-08-25, 2:24 AM

I have the moto z2 force phone and last night my phone froze while I was using facebook. I turned the phone off and on, it was fine. Today I was doing the same thing but today the phone won't turn back on and I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet. I tried plugging it in and letting it charge and it still wont power up. I tried removing and replacing my sim card, connecting it to a pc..........I would try booting into recovery but it won't boot at all..........almost like the battery is just totally fried. I went to Sprint and they told me they couldn't help because they weren't a 'corporate store' and that I hadn't purchased it there........any ideas out there?? Any support would be appreciated........Thanks.

Sophia15

Options

821 Posts

02-20-2009

US

1000 Signins

6041 Page Views

• Views: 6041
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto Z2 Force from SPRINT Froze and Won't turn back on

2017-08-25, 9:52 AM

A z2 force is so new it is undoubtedly under warranty. Why not either call Sprint directly with a friends phone or use the sprint.com website to book an appointment at a corporate store? 

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-08-25, 13:17 PM

wrote:

I have the moto z2 force phone and last night my phone froze while I was using facebook. I turned the phone off and on, it was fine. Today I was doing the same thing but today the phone won't turn back on and I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet. I tried plugging it in and letting it charge and it still wont power up. I tried removing and replacing my sim card, connecting it to a pc..........I would try booting into recovery but it won't boot at all..........almost like the battery is just totally fried. I went to Sprint and they told me they couldn't help because they weren't a 'corporate store' and that I hadn't purchased it there........any ideas out there?? Any support would be appreciated........Thanks.

Sophia15

Hi Sophia15,

Do you have an SD card installed on the phone? If you have one, could you please remove it and try rebooting your phone? Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-08-25, 15:35 PM

wrote:

Sophia15

You can also try the following steps to recover your phone. Please do these steps while your phone is connected to the original Motorola charger that came in the box with the phone, plugged directly to a wall outlet.

1. Please press and hold the VOL DOWN key.

2. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key.

3. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds. This is more than 2 minutes and will seem like a long time, it will help to time this to ensure you hold the keys long enough.

4. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

5. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted.

6. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

While these key sequences are the same as the Forced Reboot, holding the keys down for over two minutes issues a different command to the device. This forces a hardware reset of the processor and terminates all running commands.

-JM

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save