09-22-2019

US

2 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 10

Moto Z2 Force junk after a year!

2019-09-24, 23:24 PM

I am finally done with Motorola!!! I have had Motorola phones going back to my Startac in the late 90's. Until recent years they have been the gold standard for quality, sadly that is clearly no longer the case. My last three phones have been JUNK!!! I have had Two Droid Turbo2's, The first one developed the green vertical lines in the screen. Motorola did warranty that phone and replaced it. On the second Turbo2  the USB port stopped charging the phone, fortrunately I normally used a wireless charger. It also had the same issue with the lines in the screen as the first one, exept they were pink on this phone. The lines on the second phone were so bad, that it got to the point where about 10% of the screen was obscured by the lines. 

I finally broke down and bought a Moto Z 2 Force. I have sevral complaints about this phone. First, they do not have wireless charging. They had wireless charging available on previous phones but they don't make it available on the Moto Z phones so you have to buy the Moto Mod. Second, on the previous version Z Force thay had a user replacable outer layer on the shatter shield, but now you have to pay to have that replaced, and it is incredibly easy to scratch, forcing the customer to pay $50 for motorola to replace it. The straw that broke the camels back for me is that after having the phone for less than a year, the USB port on this phone wont charge the phone at turbo speed, and the USBC connector falls out if the phone or cord is moved at all. I have tried with several cords, all with the same result. 

Motorola is clearly not the same company that they used to be. I have a Droid X2 that I prchased in 2011 that still works, and I cant get a year out of the current Motorola Flagship phone.

I will be leaving Motorola, and getting a Samsung. Judging by the quality of the Samsung Phone that my friends and Family have, I doubt I will ever come back.

Michael

Options

2 Posts

09-22-2019

US

2 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Filing a Complaint

2019-09-22, 23:12 PM

I am finally done with Motorola!!! I have had Motorola phones going back to my Startac in the late 90's. Until recent years they have been the gold standard for quality, sadly that is clearly no longer the case. My last three phones have been JUNK!!! I have had Two Droid Turbo2's, The first one developed the green vertical lines in the screen. Motorola did warranty that phone and replaced it. On the second Turbo2  the USB port stopped charging the phone, fortrunately I normally used a wireless charger. It also had the same issue with the lines in the screen as the first one, exept they were pink on this phone. The lines on the second phone were so bad, that it got to the point where about 10% of the screen was obscured by the lines. 

I finally broke down and bought a Moto Z 2 Force. I have sevral complaints about this phone. First, they do not have wireless charging. They had wireless charging available on previous phones but they don't make it available on the Moto Z phones so you have to buy the Moto Mod. Second, on the previous version Z Force thay had a user replacable outer layer on the shatter shield, but now you have to pay to have that replaced, and it is incredibly easy to scratch, forcing the customer to pay $50 for motorola to replace it. The straw that broke the camels back for me is that after having the phone for less than a year, the USB port on this phone wont charge the phone at turbo speed, and the USBC connector falls out if the phone or cord is moved at all. I have tried with several cords, all with the same result. 

Motorola is clearly not the same company that they used to be. I have a Droid X2 that I prchased in 2011 that still works, and I cant get a year out of the current Motorola Flagship phone.

I will be leaving Motorola, and getting a Samsung. Judging by the quality of the Samsung Phone that my friends and Family have, I doubt I will ever come back.

Michael

Options

8591 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135092 Page Views

• Views: 135092
  • Message 3 of 10

Re: Filing a Complaint

2019-09-25, 16:25 PM

Hi Michael,

Sorry to know about your experience. I appreciate your post though and I'd like to help you with this. Are you using the original charger of the phone? We can try as far as troubleshooting the phone but this sounds like a bad connector - the cable shouldn't fall out if the cord is moved, please make sure there's no lint/dirt or debris clogging the port. Otherwise, it is recommended to have the phone repaired. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

01-21-2019

US

13 Signins

184 Page Views

• Views: 184
  • Message 4 of 10

Re:Moto Z2 Force junk after a year!

2020-05-01, 17:53 PM
SAME HERE. This is a "refurbished" phone replacement after my few month phone died. Now this one is didn't the same thing. I bought a NEW phone and they have me a used one!! Ridiculous.
Options

38 Posts

08-11-2018

US

147 Signins

1128 Page Views

• Views: 1128
  • Message 5 of 10

2020-05-01, 19:32 PM
I’m with you. My z2 force starting having issues about week after the warranty expired. Finger print scanner broke, screen starting to peel, battery got really hot after little use. I went to apple and won’t look back. I want Motorola to separate from Lenovo and see if they can refind themselves. I did love Motorola for years.
Options

10 Posts

01-21-2019

US

13 Signins

184 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-05-02, 0:50 AM
I agree. They find stand bedside their products!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! And I LOVED my Moto Z force.
Options

10 Posts

01-21-2019

US

13 Signins

184 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2020-05-03, 18:38 PM

Meant to say the NEVER stand behind their product!!

Options

8591 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135092 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2020-05-04, 15:41 PM

Hi,

Thanks for posting on the thread. Sorry to know about what happened. I would like to help, please let me know and I will assist you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

38 Posts

08-11-2018

US

147 Signins

1128 Page Views

• Views: 1128
  • Message 9 of 10

2020-05-05, 11:42 AM
Do you have estimates on the cost of repairing a finger print scanner?
Options

8591 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135092 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2020-05-06, 19:41 PM

Hi rstewart787,

Thanks for asking. I'll see if I can confirm that, can you please update your profile with your current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help us check.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save