04-06-2019

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 121 of 157

Re: Moto Z2 Force randomly turning off & battery drain issue

2019-04-06, 19:07 PM

Add me (and my wife) to the list of frustrated users...My wife got the last update on her phone before I did and was fighting this issue....then after the last update my phone began the fast discharge and random shutdown while being used...

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps referenced...uninstalled all 3rd apps loaded in the last 3 months...disabled or forced stop on all the extraneous programs that i could find, cleared cache on programs... done everything short of factory reset as I refuse to completely wipe the phone for what is obviously a widespread issue and because it hasn't solved the issue for those that tried it.

I'd wager there are many like myself that tend to put up with issues, rather than report, so expect the impacted users are far greater than those that have chimed in here...

So until I see a real resolution referenced, I'll continue to walk around with a battery pack to plugin and recharge while out and about...

Options

5 Posts

02-16-2018

US

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 122 of 157

2019-04-07, 2:15 AM

My phone started doing this yesterday.  I was at Disneyland.  I downloaded the Disneyland App.  Everything was fine for a while.  Then everything mentioned in these posts began happening.  My phone would shut down automatically (esp after taking a pictutre), I had to keep it connected to a power source for it to work, the phone shows "0" batery when there is over 50%, etc.

I have uninstalled the Disney App (problem continues) and I am removing all of my phot and video files.  There are many.  We"ll see if that helps.

Options

35 Posts

04-12-2019

US

28 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 123 of 157

2019-04-12, 22:32 PM

Its pointless. Motorola scammed us all. Pay off the contract. IT IS NOT WORTH INSURANCE OR WARRENTY CLAIMS.

Somebody needs to start a class action lawsuit regarding failure to properly test batteries. Worthless *Removed*. Glad lenovo took over a good company. Now its a POS phone.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language 

Options

13 Posts

01-13-2019

RO

45 Signins

378 Page Views

• Views: 378
  • Message 124 of 157

2019-04-14, 11:34 AM

Reading this forum, it was like a travel in the past for me; back to end Sep beg Oct in 2018 when I have started to have exactly the same issues like you are describing here. The only difference is I have a Moto Z; solved the issue in Jan 2019 when I received a new battery from Aliexpres. Because I knew that I have the tallent to break something, every time when I try to fix it, I managed to have it replaced by a friend's friend ( not going in the trap to break screen, like our colleague in previous posts) , who worked like a GSM technician in the past. After 3 months since replacement and almost 80 charges, I am still with batery health at 100, and managed to have around 1.5 hours screen on time.

Because I forget about the isues and thinking to have an upgrade, I was so close to buy a Z2 force, thinking that being a new generation, maybe it will not have the same issue like previous one. Luckily I was inspired enough to read this posts first and remembr the pain I faced ( new device, same old sh..); thanks to you guys, I instantly abbandoned the idea and rapidly changed the plan

Waiting for my new Samsung device to arrive and thank you for indirect help

Hello Samsung

Bye bye (forever) Motorola - never see you again

Aurelp - Romania

Options

13 Posts

01-13-2019

RO

45 Signins

378 Page Views

• Views: 378
  • Message 125 of 157

2019-04-14, 11:35 AM

Second screenshot - my last post here

Question for moderators

Do you think it is only a coincidence that this forum has 13 pages vs 144 pages for Moto Z?

Do youthink this is because of Z2 better quality?

Wake up guys; you are going to wrong direction; already lost big part of your clients

if, by a miracle, you will make a good device( low probability to happen) , who will have the courage to take the risk and buy it....

Options

1 Posts

04-22-2019

US

4 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 126 of 157

2019-04-22, 11:28 AM

Add me to the list. I bought my phone back during the 99$ sale at Motorola.  I've been using it WiFi only since and never paid attention to the battery much. Seemed to work well though with very little use. But, like I said, I didn't pay much attention. 

One of the first things I noticed when I started to use it as my main phone, the battery was draining quite a bit faster than normal. I thought, ah, well this sucks, at least it has turbo charge. I installed an update last night, left it plugged in to go-to sleep, and I woke up and it was off. Turned it back on, and within a couple minutes it shut off. Right now the battery is at 84 percent and it says 4 hours left on battery. All I've been doing is reading this thread for half an hour.  I notice it's quite warm, much like my extreme pure edition used to get.  I'm installing another update, (which I guess I have to keep doing untill I'm caught up? As opposed to just one update and it being caught up). I'm bringing a back up phone with me today at work. Seems very silly to have to do. I hope lenovo acknowledges the lroblem, and comes out with a statement regarding this issue. Best luck to everyone.

Mike

Options

9667 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1070 Signins

143838 Page Views

• Views: 143838
  • Message 127 of 157

2019-04-23, 15:58 PM

Hi Everyone, 

Make sure everything is up to date with the phone and try doing a factory data reset without restoring/reinstalling apps (Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset). Check and see if there's any improvement. Backup your files before doing the reset so you won't lose them. Do the battery calibration as well. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after. If you'll experience the same concern, we recommend sending the phone for repair/replacement. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

01-12-2019

HK

16 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 128 of 157

2019-04-23, 19:06 PM

Refund us and stop making garbage phones in

Options

2 Posts

04-23-2019

US

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 129 of 157

2019-04-24, 0:20 AM

I have a Moto Z2 Force. I started having battery drainage issues and random shut offs as described in this thread. It started about a week and a half ago. My battery is definitely the issue. It has expanded enough to start pushing my screen out of the phone. Waiting for a new one to arrive. I've had the phone just over a year. Bummer Motorola couldn't put a better battery in these things seeing as they're so expensive.

Options

35 Posts

04-12-2019

US

28 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 130 of 157

2019-05-14, 18:34 PM

I think the best way to solve this issue and keep the phone is to buy a counterfeit battery....... they are better than the original batteries.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete