07-17-2019

US

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto Z2 force camera zoom autofocus

2019-07-17, 18:06 PM

I have had my Z2 force since November 2018. Normally my photos have turned out pretty normal, and at first I was very impressed with the camera. However, eventually my photos were turning out blurry. I assumed this was because the camera lens had been scratched (it had) so I purchased a new lens and replaced it today. However, even after the lens replacement, any photos taken with zoom do not focus. It is worth noting that this is likely not a mechanical issue, as the camera will autofocus in the true black and white camera mode. This is a big issue for me as I mostly take photos of bugs such as ants and spiders, so I really need my camera zoom to focus.

Example Images:
https://imgur.com/a/9bnGRam

As you can see, after replacing the lens, any images with zoom are just unviewable, however the zoom still works fine in black and white mode. I have no idea why this is or how to fix it. I have used other camera apps, cleared all moto camera app storage, made sure camera is up to date, etc.

Options

66 Posts

01-27-2017

BR

24 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto Z2 force camera zoom autofocus

2019-07-17, 19:01 PM
Hello, try resetting your device!!!
Thank you very much in advance.
Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Views: 135687
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto Z2 force camera zoom autofocus

2019-07-17, 20:45 PM

Hi CheetoLord,

I'd like to confirm, did you replace the lens on your own? Also, can you attach the photos here? The link you gave just keeps loading. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save