08-22-2018

US

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 9

Moto z2 and hasslebald camera

2018-08-22, 3:35 AM

After up upgrading my Moto Z2 to Android 8.0 my Moto mod hasslebald camera has stopped working.  The camera get viwv finder necne comes  Same moto mod with moto Z2 on Android 6.0 works fine

Options

9219 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1049 Signins

140602 Page Views

• Views: 140602
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto z2 and hasslebald camera

2018-08-22, 16:02 PM

Hi BimalPatel,

Thanks for posting. First, I'd like to confirm, are you using a Moto Z2 Force or a Moto Z2 Play? Also, are you seeing any error message? Please check if the mod has an update too, just attach the mod to the phone and go to Settings > Moto Mod > System Update.  Also, make sure that the mod connectors are clean and still intact. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-22-2018

US

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2018-08-23, 13:57 PM

Hi Rich,

I have the xt1789-03 (Moto Z2 Force) .  I have also checked for any mod updates but none are available. the connectors on both the phone and mod are clean. 

With the Mod attached I try to launch the camera, but the viewfinder does not come up. The lens opens, and I see the "Hasslebald" splash screen. After about 10 seconds, the lens closes. The lens then reopens and the same behaviours happens again 

Options

9219 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1049 Signins

140602 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2018-08-23, 17:43 PM

Hi BimalPatel,

Thanks for checking. Do you see any error message when you attach the mod? Let's try booting the phone to safe mode and then test the mod. If it's still doing the same thing in safe mode, I think we need to test another mod to see if we can replicate the same issue, and at the same time we can isolate if this is only happening with the hasselblad. I would also recommend testing your hasselblad to another phone. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner

Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-22-2018

US

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2018-09-01, 3:32 AM

Hi Rich,

I see the same thing in safe mode. Attached is a screenshot. The projector mod works fine on this phone. The hasslebald mod used to work before update to Android O

The hasslebald mod works fine on another moto Z2 running Android M.

Please help

Options

9219 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1049 Signins

140602 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2018-09-03, 15:23 PM

Hi BimalPatel,

Thanks for trying. It looks like you're only having an issue with the Hasselblad. Try resetting the Hasselblad. Press and hold the power button and you would hear the prompt on how to reset. Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-22-2018

US

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2018-09-09, 4:19 AM

Hi Rich, 

I tried resetting the hasselblad mod as suggested but even after holding the power button on the mod for over a minute - I did not see any prompts to reset- I tried this multiple times - both with the lense open and shut

I have updated my profile with current phone, carrier and serial number  - please do check and see if anything is wrong. 

Have any others seen this issue after upgrade to Android 8? The mod still works fine with other Moto Z2 force on Android 6.0.

Thanks

Options

12 Posts

02-20-2012

US

53 Signins

1087 Page Views

• Views: 1087
  • Message 8 of 9

2018-09-09, 15:04 PM

Mine still works fine on 8.0..... My (Verizon) Z2F is running the official 8.0.0 build #ODXS27.109-34-14. Both the Hasselblad camera and the Instashare projector work fine. Not sure if this will be of any help but I can at least confirm that it works fine with mine.

Options

9219 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1049 Signins

140602 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2018-09-10, 20:20 PM

Hi BimalPatel,

Thanks for trying. Please make sure that the camera app and the mod are updated in Playstore. If all apps are updated, please send me a bug report once you encountered another crash with the mod. It will help us investigate. Thank you.

BUG REPORT FOR NORMAL ISSUE:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete