10-23-2019

US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto z2 force blinking white light when plugged in

2019-10-23, 16:32 PM

Have a moto z2 force, blinking white light when plugged in. I can boot into the fast boot screen, but selecting anything that involves the actual android firmware elicits a blinking white light, and black screen. I've left it to charge for 20+ hours to no avail. Suspected to be a bad battery, I took the screen off to access the battery to try a replacement one, same issue persists. I left the battery disconnected, plugged it in, and it does show the charging symbol, but keeps boot looping.  I've tried holding the power button for 5 mins, didn't work, then tried different cable, also didn't work. If you have any ideas of what the issue may be, or any diagnostic steps, please let me know. Some people say that the device may be hard bricked, but this device shows no characteristics of being hard bricked. 

Options

8604 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135187 Page Views

• Views: 135187
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto z2 force blinking white light when plugged in

2019-10-24, 18:39 PM

Hi Nr12,

Thanks for posting. If you can still get into the fast boot screen, try using the LMSA > Rescue and see if that helps. Let me know. 

Here are the links:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht102605

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

10-23-2019

US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-10-24, 22:19 PM
phone acts like it has no battery plugged in, so i cant boot into fast boot mode and then plug into usb
Options

8604 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135187 Page Views

• Views: 135187
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-10-28, 19:18 PM

Hi Nr12,

Hmm. Other than the previous suggestion I provided I don't think of any other possible way to troubleshoot this. Also, we can't guarantee that should fix it, as this sounds like a hardware failure. If you can't get into the phone to do the factory data reset nor boot into the fast boot recovery mode I would then recommended submitting the phone for repair/replacement. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save