IN

8 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 1 of 21

Motorola Z2 Force Touch Not Working

2018-05-28, 6:26 AM

https://youtu.be/10jOiCuJTo4

Please watch video Bought this phone from Flipkart, phone had touch issues once a day so i didn't bother it to return, now after 2-3 weeks the phone touch is not working After every 10 mins I have to Force Restart and then it works fine and again the same after 10 mins, now even my replacement period is over, I tried contacting Moto support even when troubleshooting the phone hanged have a look at video they said to visit service centre your phone cannot be repaired by troubleshooting, then visited service centre (it didn't stuck there) they said everything is fine, so now I have recorded the video of problem I'm facing and uploading totally confused whom to approach it's just 1 month phone wasted ₹35,000 please help if anyone know whom to reach in the comments below!

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Views: 140787
  • Message 2 of 21

Re: Motorola Z2 Force Touch Not Working

2018-05-28, 20:27 PM

Hi Subhan46,

Sorry to know about that. It's quite odd that the phone had the issue right out of the box. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

05-28-2018

IN

8 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 3 of 21

2018-05-29, 4:45 AM

Yes I have updated all information please have a look and help me sort this problem! Thanks in Advance

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 4 of 21

2018-05-29, 19:05 PM

Hi Subhan46,

Thanks for the video sample. I'm seeing that you already performed factory data reset. Is that a full FDR without automatic restore? To be honest, I'm not seeing software that could cause this issue, it seems to me that this more likely a hardware thing, it could be the screen is damaged somehow. Has there ever been a point or instance that the phone got physical impact or the phone got dropped? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

05-28-2018

IN

8 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 5 of 21

2018-05-29, 19:35 PM

No! never, the problem is from the Day 1 I Bought it but it's more frequent day by day!

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 6 of 21

2018-05-30, 15:51 PM

Hi Subhan46,

It is most likely to be a hardware issue for me. It could be the screen is damaged somehow. I would suggest having it repaired, here's the link on how you can check your warranty repair. Click here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

05-28-2018

IN

8 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 7 of 21

2018-05-31, 0:03 AM

As said earlier already visited the Service Center and they said the phone is okay and sent me back! It didn't stuck that time, okay let me visit again and show them the video once let's see what they say! And if screen is damaged can you please tell me how to claim warranty and get it repaired!

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 8 of 21

2018-06-05, 20:42 PM

Hi Subhan46,

Thanks for updating. The link is in my previous post. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

02-04-2019

FI

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 9 of 21

2019-02-04, 20:48 PM

Sadly, same stuff here:

https://youtu.be/dTcHclVEfCg

New device has serious issues with touchscreen. Indoors it looses sensitivity/responsiveness once in several minutes. Pressing power button to sleep and then waking up back again (faster with fingerprint reader) recovers (but again - only for several minutes). But the most terrible happens when you try using the phone outdoors. At apprx zero degrees, the touchscreen goes completely crazy in ~20 sec. At apprx -5, it happens in several seconds.

Ok the Pwr button (sleep/wake-up) works, but it recovers the touchscreen only for several seconds!! 

At -10 Celsius, the Power Button is everything you can use from the Moto Z2 Force !! :P

There are no Motorola Service in Finland at all ("MotoCare is not available in your country")!! 

[The previous Moto was waiting for half a year for parts after burning out the MB, etc. (after installing 1st update released after Lenovo purchased Motorola from Google) and then the mobile carrier compaby has given me a new one as a sbstitute (under warranty) and I was not installing any updates for a year or so]

If wouldn't invest into the mods the price of the phone, I would forget about that nightmare already..

Options

9244 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1050 Signins

140787 Page Views

• Message 10 of 21

2019-02-05, 17:13 PM

Hi ntst,

Thank you for posting. I appreciate the video. Please make sure all apps are up to date in Playstore. Also, make sure you have the latest software update. Once everything is updated Let's try testing the touchscreen of the phone, go to Device Help or Moto Help app > Hardware test > Touchscreen. If this fails, let's boot your phone in safemode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears

Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode. Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete