Options

7 Posts

02-22-2016

US

24 Signins

308 Page Views

• Views: 308
  • Message 1 of 8

Motorola offers compensation for those MZ2F owners who did not get the PIE update

2019-09-02, 17:29 PM

Good news guys. 

I talked to a Level 3 tech from Motorola a few days ago. When he started quoting from the "fine print" disclaimer (for breaking software update promises), I knew all hope for any sort of equitable solution was never going to be made.

Like most of you, I am a long time Motorola user. Buying only, what I thought to be, flagship phones.

I was disapointed when I was stuck at Android 4.4 with my Droid Ultra instead of it going to 5 as promised... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-ULTRA-ULTRA-MAXX/For-our-DROID-Ultra-Maxx-Mini-users-on-Verizon/td-p/3238126

Motorola offered a $100 discount off a new phone (if purchased from Motorola, of course). 

Stupid me bought a Droid Ultra 2, with all it's problems, which is still being used... 

I use Android Studio. I HATE using the built-in emulators and would rather have a physical device running the app -- in this case Pie. Being a (former) Motorola fan-boy I bought the Z2F and waited and waited for the Pie update --"It's coming, we promise."

I was offered a 10% off discount -- not happy.

One thing that sold me on the Motorolas was their shatterproff screen. Absolutely remarkable performance -- dropping the phone from 15 feet, smashing it while closing a trunk lid.... with only a few scratches. 

A question to my fellow forum members -- What phone offers decent performance, Android 9 and a shatterproof screen?

Options

25 Posts

02-17-2009

HR

107 Signins

755 Page Views

• Views: 755
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Motorola offers compensation for those MZ2F owners who did not get the PIE update

2019-09-02, 17:35 PM

I would like compensation for getting the PIE update! :D Pie update made my phone unusable!

Options

7 Posts

02-22-2016

US

24 Signins

308 Page Views

• Views: 308
  • Message 3 of 8

Re: Motorola offers compensation for those MZ2F owners who did not get the PIE update

2019-09-02, 17:40 PM

I read about Verizon users having issues such as wifi reception with Pie -- rendering the phone unstable, to say the least. 

I feel your pain. This is crazy ironic.

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2714 Signins

25580 Page Views

• Views: 25580
  • Message 4 of 8

2019-09-02, 17:55 PM

wrote:

A question to my fellow forum members -- What phone offers decent performance, Android 9 and a shatterproof screen?

None.  The Z2 Force was the last Shattershield phone ever made.

~Scott
Options

1 Posts

09-12-2019

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 5 of 8

2019-09-12, 23:09 PM

I would love to see Motorola or Verizon compensate Moto Z2 Force owners who were forced into the PIE upgrade.  I put it off as long as possible and then I didn't have an option to not allow the install.  -- Actually, 6 phones on my account were forced to do the upgrade, and now all of them are having problems...4 Z2F phones and 2 G6 phones.

Wi-Fi is slow...and sometimes stalls out.

The phones disconnect from calls (call-in or call-out) between 6 & 10 minutes on a phone call.  Sometimes the call completely disconnects and sometimes the phone is just rendered useless because I lose the ability to hear the person I am speaking with.  There is no specific pattern, except the fact that the calls are disrupted just after 6 minutes of talk, and completely disconnected by 10 minutes of talk time.  So now when I make a call or get a call, the first thing I say is that my phone is crap since the upgrade and that I will call back when the call is dropped or disrupted.

Several apps stall or freeze.

I have turned the phone off and on...I have done a soft reset...and I have done a factory reset.  None of it has helped.  I called Verizon to get things squared away.  They "opened a ticket" two weeks ago and said they would get back to me because "no one else has had problems with the upgrade."  To date, no one has reached out to me.  When I was in the Verizon Corporate store near my office earlier this week, they called into Verizon, and put me on the phone with the tech people.  They had me do everything that I had already done twice before.  Then they told me that their only solution was for me to finish paying off the six phones we have and purchase new phones.  They said that I only have insurance on 3 phones so I could use insurance to replace them for the deductable.  I told them that I had never had insurance on the other phones...ever...no matter what phone I had because the other users -- without insurance have not ever had to use insurance to replace the phones...not in 19 years.  Then I stated that I didn't realize that I needed insurance to protect myself from damage caused directly by an upgrade that Motorola and/or Verizon FORCED to my phones.  I am beginning to believe that this is operating much the same way as some of the computer BIOS scams of the past where the upgrade was forced and the upgrade degraded the battery life, or how the motherboard recognized the battery to the point where the laptop computers didn't work unless plugged in...then the companies said we should just replace the computer.  At that time, our computers cost upwards of $1,800.00 for the very low end, and we typically used laptops that were more along the lines of $2,500.00 or more.  When OS upgrades are required, they certainly shouldn't damage equipment to the point where it is rendered basically useless.

My account has 27 lines of service - not all phones...4 of the phones are Moto Z2F...2 are Moto G6, and 1 is a Moto XT.  Over the past 19 years with Verizon, we have had several Motorola devices and been mostly happy.  Prior to our tenure with Verizon, we had Motorola phones with other carriers...my favorite was my very old StarTac.  This most recent upgrade has damaged all 4 Z2F phones and both G6 phones.  I don't know where to turn from here, but buying 6 phones right now because Motorola/Verizon forced an upgrade that has damaged the phones seems just WRONG!

If anyone knows of any fixes for the issues I listed above that have occurred due to PIE, I would appreciate it.  I like my Z2F, I don't want to give it up.

Options

10 Posts

10-15-2017

US

23 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 6 of 8

2019-09-15, 16:54 PM

LineageOS 16.0 Seems to work pretty well now, good battery life, no problems for me. Lenovo should offer is unlocking the bootloader for Verizon and AT&T Customers.

Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 7 of 8

2019-09-15, 17:08 PM

wrote:

LineageOS 16.0 Seems to work pretty well now, good battery life, no problems for me. Lenovo should offer is unlocking the bootloader for Verizon and AT&T Customers.

Verizon did receive Pie.... Not ATT or T-Mobile...

Options

6 Posts

12-29-2018

US

21 Signins

199 Page Views

• Views: 199
  • Message 8 of 8

2019-09-17, 1:18 AM

Downside is that audio mods aint working, IMO Dolby atmos with jbl speaker mod WHAT?!?!?! or viper4android with jbl. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save