08-24-2018

US

12 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 1 of 6

Not Recognizing SIM Card from new Carrier

2018-08-24, 20:02 PM

I have MOTO Z2 force I bought for TMOBILE last year.  I unlocked the phone with TMOBILEs app in July 2018.  When I look at the app it says the phone  is permantly unlocked. I recently attempted to transfer the phone to Cricket.  The phone seems unable to recognize the Cricket SIM Card.  I have worked with Cricket to attempt to the resolve the problem and I beginnig it is an issue wih the phone. 

When the Cricket SIM is in the phone it does not show Signal Bar on the front screen with the mobile network name.  When I go to settings->Network & Internet-> Mobile Network screen all the options are greyed out and unselectable except "Show mobile network"

I am unable to make calls or use data because it does not see a network

When I look at "SIM Status" everything is either unknown or not filled in including phone #, IMEI, and ICCID.

The Cricket SIM card works in a MOTO E4 that I have with no problem.  I can make calls and use data with no problems.

I have tried other CRICKET SIM cards in the MOTO Z2 force with the same result of it not being read.

I swapped back to my old TMOBILE SIM and everything seems fine.

I have done several different iterations of swapping the SIM in and out while cycling the phone power with the same result.

I have also done a factory reset on the phone with no effect.

I have checked to verify and I have the latest s/w update for the phone and it is.

Any help would be appreciated,

BBDV

Options

9635 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1069 Signins

143608 Page Views

• Views: 143608
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Not Recognizing SIM Card from new Carrier

2018-08-24, 20:35 PM

Hi BBDV,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the steps you've tried. Can you send me a sample screenshot of the signal bar when you use the cricket sim? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

28 Posts

08-26-2018

US

27 Signins

235 Page Views

• Views: 235
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-08-26, 17:20 PM

Maybe you have an old CDMA crickett sim or try forcing the phone to GSM only.

Options

2 Posts

08-24-2018

US

12 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-08-29, 4:44 AM

wrote:

Hi BBDV,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the steps you've tried. Can you send me a sample screenshot of the signal bar when you use the cricket sim? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Hi Rich,

I have attached three pictures.  The signal bar does not display at the top of the screen but settings->Network & Internet it does show up.  (First Picture).  When you click on the "Mobile Network" icon it brings to the other options to select LTE etc but all of the options are grayed except for the slider show network name. I added a bonus image of the sim info screen showing that it does not see anything from the SIM.  My Profile has been updated with pertinent info and my Motorola privacy settings are set appropriately 

.  I have not issue with perusing my apps of choice.

Thanks,

Del

Options

1 Posts

03-25-2019

MX

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-03-25, 19:08 PM

Hi I got the same problem with the same phone, when I insert the simcard AT&T the phone doesn't recognize and I can't change nothing in the settings

Options

9635 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1069 Signins

143608 Page Views

• Views: 143608
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-03-26, 16:38 PM

Hi Alex_Mar,

Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here.  Also, I'd like to confirm, what is your previous carrier with your phone? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete