Options

178 Posts

01-06-2016

United States of America

475 Signins

3902 Page Views

• Views: 3902
  • Message 11 of 16

Re: Proximity Sensor, Battery, Hasselblad Camera, This web site: Problems abound

2018-08-31, 20:11 PM

Moto/Lenovo,

Any ideas when an update will be coming for the multiple bugs with the Z2 Force? I specifically am waiting for the fixes to the proximity sensor bugginess. My issues aren't as drastic as in the previous post, but Active Display doesn't respond when it should and activates at times for no apparent reason. This has been reported in numerous threads throughout this forum. 

Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Views: 166265
  • Message 12 of 16

Re: Proximity Sensor, Battery, Hasselblad Camera, This web site: Problems abound

2018-09-03, 14:28 PM

Hi Mon73,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Are you referring to the Moto Display? May I know which specific feature you're having a problem?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

178 Posts

01-06-2016

United States of America

475 Signins

3902 Page Views

• Views: 3902
  • Message 13 of 16

2018-09-04, 18:16 PM

wrote:

Hi Mon73,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Are you referring to the Moto Display? May I know which specific feature you're having a problem?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Yes, Moto Display. As I stated in my previous message, "Active Display doesn't respond when it should and activates at times for no apparent reason". It's very erratic in its responsiveness. The proximity sensor tests out fine with the system hardware test. I'm guessing this is a result of poor implementation of the latest version of Moto Display (Active Display, etc). I was just curious if there was anything in the works to fix this bugginess. I'm most likely moving on to a device with always on display anyway.

Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Message 14 of 16

2018-09-04, 20:41 PM

Hi Mon73,

Thanks for confirming. Proximity sensors are not responsible for the Moto Display's responsiveness, it's more likely the ultrasonic sound waves that for the Moto Display to work. So any slight movement on the top/bottom/front of the phone, it may activate the Moto Display. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

402 Posts

10-16-2014

United States of America

2310 Signins

25039 Page Views

• Views: 25039
  • Message 15 of 16

2018-09-04, 21:56 PM

wrote:

Hi Mon73,

Thanks for confirming. Proximity sensors are not responsible for the Moto Display's responsiveness, it's more likely the ultrasonic sound waves that for the Moto Display to work. So any slight movement on the top/bottom/front of the phone, it may activate the Moto Display. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

That sounds an aweful lot like a different type of proximity sensor to me.  Is there any way to test these alternate sensors?  I don't recall any previous mention of anything except the "proximity sensor" that we already know about and can test.

If Moto Display doesn't use the "proximity sensor" that we know about, what DOES use it - other than the test?  What ELSE uses the ultrasonics that we apparently can't test?

The only truly stupid question is the one you SHOULD have asked - but DIDN'T.
Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Message 16 of 16

2018-09-06, 20:06 PM

Hi Bill_Stuntz,

One use of the proximity sensor is for calling feature. That's an interesting question. I'll confirm from the team if there's some troubleshooting steps we can try. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms