MX

12 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 1 of 6

Proximity Sensor Issues

2017-12-01, 22:52 PM

Hi all,

This is my fisrt topic here in Lenovo Forums, and i'm really upset with the guarantee service here in Mexico, here's the thing:

- I have almost 2 months with my Moto Z2 force, and it's presenting somre problems with the proximity sensor:

•   50% of the times i play an audio message in whats app, the screen goes black, seems the PS is detecting something then turns off the screen.
  •  This happens on most of the calls too, when i answer the phone, even when it's in my hand, the screen goes black like automatically when i make the call or answer one.
  • I've sent the phone to service and returned with the same problem: saying that the problem was solved through a software reprogram.
  • this 2nd time, Moto Service promissed the same thing, to solve the problm on service center, 7 bussiness days.
  • I've tested an app that's called Proximity Sensor Resset, which allows you to probe the sensor funcionality, which i can see is really bad, 50% of the times the app shows that the sensor is active (like something blockin it).
  • IDK if there's something i can get from here, but this phone is too expensive and i'ms starting to think that this would never be solved.
  • Another info, my friend bought the same phone, and yes..the same problem.

Hope you guys can help me, including motorola Staff, so we can escalate my case. The new ticket number is:1781128-008759.

PD: iv'e already did all the steps, factory resset and all that stuff..

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Proximity Sensor Issues

2017-12-02, 1:30 AM

wrote:

Hi all,

This is my fisrt topic here in Lenovo Forums, and i'm really upset with the guarantee service here in Mexico, here's the thing:

- I have almost 2 months with my Moto Z2 force, and it's presenting somre problems with the proximity sensor:

•   50% of the times i play an audio message in whats app, the screen goes black, seems the PS is detecting something then turns off the screen.
  •  This happens on most of the calls too, when i answer the phone, even when it's in my hand, the screen goes black like automatically when i make the call or answer one.
  • I've sent the phone to service and returned with the same problem: saying that the problem was solved through a software reprogram.
  • this 2nd time, Moto Service promissed the same thing, to solve the problm on service center, 7 bussiness days.
  • I've tested an app that's called Proximity Sensor Resset, which allows you to probe the sensor funcionality, which i can see is really bad, 50% of the times the app shows that the sensor is active (like something blockin it).
  • IDK if there's something i can get from here, but this phone is too expensive and i'ms starting to think that this would never be solved.
  • Another info, my friend bought the same phone, and yes..the same problem.

Hope you guys can help me, including motorola Staff, so we can escalate my case. The new ticket number is:1781128-008759.

PD: iv'e already did all the steps, factory resset and all that stuff..

Did you test after your reset before installing or restoring any apps? I have no such problem with calls - just tested with phone laying on the counter - screen stays on for 15 seconds after call connects and hits display timeout and goes off. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

6 Posts

12-01-2017

MX

12 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-12-04, 15:28 PM

Yep, i did it twice, no apps installed, just factory resset and the problems continue. And in the other hand we got the WIFI problems. i'm feeling dissapointed.

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-12-05, 15:12 PM

wrote:

Yep, i did it twice, no apps installed, just factory resset and the problems continue. And in the other hand we got the WIFI problems. i'm feeling dissapointed.

Then i suggest service - I have multiple Z2 Force phones that are active - no problems like you describe. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

1 Posts

11-25-2019

US

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-11-25, 0:57 AM

Moto 2z Force has junk proximity senor and Motorola will not fix it even though I just bought it in July saying I didn't buy it from authorized dealer. So how am I to know who is and is not an Authirized dealer and what would that have to do with the sensor? Black screens on all callsand Verizon said its the sensor

Options

16 Posts

08-14-2019

GB

14 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-11-28, 17:30 PM

Its nothing to do with the sensor itself. Its the screen lifting slightly that causes it. There is a service bulletin to add a shim under the sensor to try keep it working.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save