11-11-2018

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 5

Re: Google Play Services issues on Moto Z Force

2018-11-12, 10:16 AM

*FIXED IT* It's a setting - Google Play running in the background is draining the battery...In the settings: Find the option to deselect and "TURN OFF GOOGLE PLAY IN BACKGROUND it is RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND and draining the battery while idle. I experienced a complete battery drain in less than 24hours after very little to no useage when previously my phone would last for several days on one charge before even after regular use.

I decided not to use the turbo charger to get the full charge, instead, I used the USB charger until it was at 100% then I disconneted the phone from the charger.

In the battery settings I deselected the option that allows google play to run in the background. my battery life returned to normal after changing this setting and using the USB and not the turbo charger. I don't think the charger is the issue as much as the setting. I also went through and turned off any data collecting app I could find associated with the google products. I DID NOT do the reccomened factory reset and lose all my apps and personal data and spend hours reseting my preferences just to find that it was this setting the whole time. Instead I went through my phone and turned off settings and apps that I thought might be draining the battery.  I would reccomend deselecting the option "google play/ background activity" this is the setting that allows google play to run in the background, leaving this option on drains the battery while the phone is idle. After 12 hours my battery went from displaying only est.30 hours of battery life at 100% charge back to 6 days left on the battery and was still 93% charged after 12 hours of minimul use.  

These are my settings in battery for your reference: battery saver is off/ battery percentage is off/ adaptive brightness is on/ my sleep is set for ten minutes but I always turn the screen off myself when not in use. below these options you will find the apps that are using the battery.

Click on the Google Play services app and turn off "background activity".  

There may be other apps that are draining the battery but none of them compare to this energy hog. I suspect it got turned on because I was playing the HQ trivia game. If you are playing this game or other games found in the google play store it may be why google play is running in the background. You can still play these games just remember to return the setting google play services/background activity setting back to off when done or google play services will contine to drain your battery while the phone is idle.

T-Mobile - Android - Moto Z2

Options

2 Posts

07-24-2019

IR

15 Signins

214 Page Views

• Views: 214
  • Message 2 of 5

Battery drain (Google Play services)

2019-07-24, 12:01 PM

It`s been a week that google play service drains my Moto z2 force`s battery.

As the information given from app usage, Google play service`s usage skyrockets to nearly 74% !!

Google play store, also, shows the authentication error

all the applications using the google play services are down

I've done all the measures,  including clearing the data and cash of google play service, google service framework, etc

I also did reset my phone to factory settings twice. But after 1-2 days of resetting my phone, the same problem appears.

Please help, my phone is completely unusable!!

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Battery drain (Google Play services)

2019-07-25, 20:20 PM

Hi yashark,

Thanks for the post.  I'd like to help., Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here.

Also, did you restore your apps after resetting the phone?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

07-24-2019

IR

15 Signins

214 Page Views

• Views: 214
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-07-26, 6:33 AM

hi Rich

I have updated my personal information in settings also checked the Motorola privacy options.

I restored my apps after resetting the phone.

And also I want you to know that after disabling Google play services this problem faded away, but all of my google related applications, including maps, google keep, music, calendar, etc. are not working. so I have to found another solution to this problem

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-07-26, 19:54 PM

Hi yashark,

Thanks for updating your profile. I checked your apps, I don't see any apps that could make the Google crash, it looks like it's the Google itself is crashing. I would suggest performing a factory data reset without restoring your apps. Don't reinstall your apps and observe if there's an improvement. Let me know if it persists. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save