10-10-2017

US

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 13

Sound issues z2 force

2017-10-10, 4:38 AM

I purchased this phone through a Verizon store September 14th. It's been a great phone until today. The sound is not working at all. I've reset the phone, done a hard reset, even a factory reset, nothing seems to fix the issue. It will work for a couple seconds after the reset, then switch off. Also, can not hear phone calls. What can I do? Will Motorola warranty my phone!?

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Sound issues z2 force

2017-10-10, 13:52 PM

wrote:

I purchased this phone through a Verizon store September 14th. It's been a great phone until today. The sound is not working at all. I've reset the phone, done a hard reset, even a factory reset, nothing seems to fix the issue. It will work for a couple seconds after the reset, then switch off. Also, can not hear phone calls. What can I do? Will Motorola warranty my phone!?

Hi R3B3L,

Just to be sure, your phone is not ringing or producing any sounds on loudspeaker, am I correct? Also, I believe you are making sure that the phone is not on silent, vibrate or Do Not Disturb mode, correct? Do you have any screen protector or case that might be covering the speakers?

How did you do the factory reset? Have you tested the phone before installing or restoring any of your apps after the reset?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

4 Posts

10-10-2017

US

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 3 of 13

2017-10-10, 14:29 PM

_JM wrote:

wrote:

Hi R3B3L,

Just to be sure, your phone is not ringing or producing any sounds on loudspeaker, am I correct? Also, I believe you are making sure that the phone is not on silent, vibrate or Do Not Disturb mode, correct? Do you have any screen protector or case that might be covering the speakers?

How did you do the factory reset? Have you tested the phone before installing or restoring any of your apps after the reset?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

JM, 

Correct, my phone is not producing any sound whatsoever, only vibrates and is not on silent mode or do not disturb. I took the case off, just to be sure, made no difference at all. To do the reset, I went to settings, backup and reset, turned off the automatic restore, and did the factory data reset. The only apps I have installed since then have been Facebook and Facebook messenger, seems to be working fine today, but I still don't know the cause. If I continue to have issues, is there a better way to get ahold of you or someone that can help resolve this problem? 

Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

PH

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 4 of 13

2017-10-10, 15:00 PM

wrote:

Hi R3B3L

Can you be more specific with the sound not working? We need to keep track on the issues our Customers are having.  Was it factory reset with no restore that you tried? If resetting the phone has not helped fixed the issue, you can send it in for replacement. You may visit this link for available options. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

65 Posts

04-23-2012

US

34 Signins

659 Page Views

• Views: 659
  • Message 5 of 13

2017-10-11, 18:27 PM
This does sound like a hardware issue first check that Bluetooth is off but if it is contact Moto support this type of thing happens sometimes with all devices and Moto has really good costumer support
-Avrumi Ravitz
Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2017-10-12, 21:05 PM

wrote:

_JM wrote:

wrote:

Hi R3B3L,

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

JM, 

Correct, my phone is not producing any sound whatsoever, only vibrates and is not on silent mode or do not disturb. I took the case off, just to be sure, made no difference at all. To do the reset, I went to settings, backup and reset, turned off the automatic restore, and did the factory data reset. The only apps I have installed since then have been Facebook and Facebook messenger, seems to be working fine today, but I still don't know the cause. If I continue to have issues, is there a better way to get ahold of you or someone that can help resolve this problem? 

Please go to the Device Help app and do a hardware test on everything that's under Audio. If any of it fails, I'm afraid your next step is repair/replacement.

-JM

Options

4 Posts

10-10-2017

US

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2017-10-12, 23:26 PM
JM,
So the sound problem still continues, however, it's intermittent. I did the tests like you said, and while the sound was working, it passed, but I lost sound halfway through the list of tests and it fail them all. Thanks for your input, I will be contacting Motorola shortly.
Options

4 Posts

10-10-2017

US

5 Signins

37 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2017-10-12, 23:27 PM
Avrumi,
Thank you for your input, I will be contacting Motorola shortly.
Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2017-10-17, 19:33 PM

wrote:
JM,
So the sound problem still continues, however, it's intermittent. I did the tests like you said, and while the sound was working, it passed, but I lost sound halfway through the list of tests and it fail them all. Thanks for your input, I will be contacting Motorola shortly.

Seems repair/replacement is last resort. You may check and visit this link for your repair/replacement options: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

-JM

Options

1 Posts

01-17-2018

US

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 10 of 13

Moto z2 force problem

2018-01-17, 22:43 PM

So some time for no reason my volume for everything will go down really low so I can barely hear it at all .... and yes the volume is all the way up. I have to restart my phone like everyday almost and it sucks so I’m here to see what I can do before I just go back to my provider and tell them I don’t want it anymore...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete