Options

3 Posts

11-04-2019

FR

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 5

System integrity compromised : no updates. What to do ?

2019-11-04, 21:36 PM

Hi,

My Z2 force cannot receive updates anymore since I unlocked the bootloader and flashed roms, even after reinstalling the stock rom and relocking the bootloader. Can anything be done to get back to its initial state ?

Thanks for your help

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: System integrity compromised : no updates. What to do ?

2019-11-05, 21:44 PM

Hi broomtiger,

Thanks for your post. We can't guarantee you'll receive updates over the air even after relocking the bootloader. You can try flashing the software using the LMSA tool, but like I said there's no guarantee it'll push the update. I can check though if you are on the correct software build - can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me check. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy is on as well. Let me know if it's ok to look into your check-in data. Thanks.

See here for the instruction. 

LMSA:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht102605

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-04-2019

FR

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-11-11, 19:49 PM

Hi,

I've updated the profile info, you can take a look.

Thanks for your help !

Regards

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-11-21, 16:10 PM

Hi broomtiger,

Thanks for updating your profile. Sorry for the delayed response, I was out the whole week. We checked this and your device has the latest software build. However, since the device was just relocked we still can't guarantee that it will receive future updates. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

11-04-2019

FR

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-11-25, 6:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

That's disappointing...

From the long waits for updates to the bugs (reason why I flashed a ROM was that I waited ONE YEAR for the latest Android version and Guess what ? It broke my bluetooth and battery life...), If one can't flash another ROM at will and get back to the stock one in the mean time, what's the use of open software ? I'm really bummed.

Won't get another Lenovo/Moto phone.

Have a good day

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save