United States of America

2310 Signins

25039 Page Views

• Views: 25039
  • Message 1 of 4

T-Mo Visual Voicemail not working

2017-12-11, 21:22 PM

Visual Voicemail worked fine on my 2013 Moto X, but on my new Z2F I get:

"We are activating your account.  We will notify you when it is ready" followed by

"We are experiencing some issues with activation.  We will retry in a few minutes."

I've spoken to tech support several times, cleared cache & app data, uninstalled & re-installed the software,  T-Mo has checked & reset everything on their end. 

Anybody else having this problem?

The only truly stupid question is the one you SHOULD have asked - but DIDN'T.
Options

402 Posts

10-16-2014

United States of America

2310 Signins

25039 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: T-Mo Visual Voicemail not working

2017-12-12, 4:57 AM

Sorry about creating a new thread about this subject.  After I posted it, I saw another one under recommendations. :manembarrassed: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/T-Mobile-Visual-voicemail/m-p/3768850#M149

This is going to be a little confusing, so please bear with me.  I'll try to explain what I found.

I was not aware that Android 7.1.1 has built in visual voicemail in the dialer's three-dots menu under   Settings...Calls...Voicemail until I had read that other thread.  That setting was enabled and appears to conflict with T-Mo's Visual Voicemail app.  When both were enabled, T-Mo VV wouldn't register, but I didn't have the Android VV available under the dialer, either.  So apparently neither VV would initialize properly.  T-Mo's factory installation of their VV app seems to break Android's built-in VV, too.

I uninstalled T-Mo VV, disabled Android's VV, reinstalled T-Mo VV & it asked me to create a pin on first run & registered properly.  Just for the heck of it, I re-enabled Android VV & now they both work, but...  If Android VV is enabled, trying to disable T-Mo VV fails.  If I disable A-VV, I can also disable T-VV.  They apparently conflict with each other. I suspect that it has something to do with the pin#, since neither VV asked me for a pin until I had disabled Android's VV.  Once I set up a pin, they both work.

The T-Mo engineer I talked to today said he would call me tomorrow because we couldn't get it going after re-doing everything today.  I'm going to tell him what I discovered.  Maybe we'll get lucky and T-Mo/Moto/Google will be able to fix the problem.  Or maybe not, with Oreo being worked on.

Options

1 Posts

06-25-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-09-14, 17:16 PM

I use MetroPCS.  Tried some of the above to activate visual voicemail but to no avail.  Someone else with a moto phone posted her frustration to so I wonder if it's the brand of phone.  I also just installed the latest Moto software update so it looks like it's just incompatible.

Options

402 Posts

10-16-2014

United States of America

2310 Signins

25039 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2018-09-14, 20:41 PM

I was running Android 7.x when I had the problem, but T-Mo's Visual Voicemail is still working under 8.

I had to disable the native Android version to get it to work.  And I don't know whether the T-Mo or Android version is better.

The T-Mo version works well enough for me, and I don't plan on experimenting to figure it out.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms