12-01-2019

US

5 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 5

Teamviewer QuickSupport no longer works on my Moto Z2 Force

2019-12-01, 0:27 AM

I believe I'm having the same issue on my Moto Z2 Force. When I press open settings, the menu disappears, and does not allow me to permit "special access" for the app. When I go into app permissions under settings, even after turning everything to allow, the same issue persists and I get another pop-up which makes me think that these permissions don't equivalate to "special access". Also it causes a notification that asks me to tap below to review whether to grant access which when I tap, nothing happens. It seems that the "special access" menu under settings is inaccessible.

Edit: Moved to Z2 community - Changed title for clarity - Rich

Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Views: 135687
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Teamviewer QuickSupport no longer works on my Moto Z2 Force

2019-12-02, 15:39 PM

Hi SwimmingKittens,

Can you share me a screenshot of your Special Access? I'd like to make sure we have the same Settings. Are you having difficulties on both remote controlling and being remotely access by your other device?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

12-01-2019

US

5 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-12-03, 9:28 AM

When I click on open settings, nothing happens and when I open the app info under andvanced and switch "display over other apps" and "unknown apps" to allow, it still doesn't work. I am able to remotely control my other phone via the z2 force, however I want to be able to remotely control my Z2 Force via TeamViewer on my other phone.

Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Views: 135687
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-12-03, 16:37 PM

Hi SwimmingKittens,

We did search this and it looks like it's impacting multiple devices on Android 9, though we're not certain on that point, we'll ask around and get more information. In the meantime, we recommend you reporting it too to the app's developer. 

Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help us investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

04-07-2020

NZ

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Teamviewer QuickSupport no longer works on my Moto Z2 Force

2020-04-07, 9:30 AM

Hi Agent_Rich (et al),

This issue is also happening on Android One (Motorola One Action) and has been widely commented on in the TeamViewer forums for well over a year now.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Mobile/Can-no-longer-view-or-control-my-android-phone-w-quicksupport/m-p/52513/thread-id/638

I note TeamViewer (TV) appears to be blaming someone else "we need the collaboration of another company" for this lack of action so what's the real story here? TeamViewer? Google? Motorola? 

I am trying to support my 90 year old father in the UK (yes, from NZ) and only just about managed to get him to install the TV Quick Support (QS) applet alone do any more detailed analysis on why it is simply not connecting.

Can I sugest someone in Motorola pick up the phone to TeamViewer and ask what the f&%k is going on? 

I am a manufacturer, how can I get my device supported?
If you are a manufacturer and would like to work with us to support your devices, please contact us at bizdev@teamviewer.com 

PS I have had TV QS working fine with my Nokia 6.1 so it is not user incompetence! If Nokia can do it (also with Android One), why can't Motorola?????

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save