Options

2 Posts

08-25-2019

US

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 4

(URGENT! PLEASE READ!) Z2 Force force keeps restarting.

2019-08-25, 2:57 AM

Hello everyone. Today, my Z2 Force died while I was while I wasn't paying attention. When I put it on charger, everything seemed fine. After 30 minutes I took it off charge and turned on the device. The M logo came on (with the powered by Android splash text) but then it kept repeating it. Going on and off, black screen to the M logo. I've tried holding in the power button but to no avail. Sometimes, like one in every twenty tries, it'll start up until the loading screen for Verizon but then restart the cycle all over again. 

I've looked online and the only things I found were when it kept restarting after everything's already booted up and when people are doing their business. The difference is they have time to open up settings and enter "safe mode" or "delete apps that may be causing this." I can do neither, or anything at all since it won't even finish booting. 

I need answers urgently as I am expecting a call for a job opportunity as well as use that phone for.. everything. All my accounts, emails, passwords, and the whole nine yards on the phone. Thank you for reading this post, and please someone help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: (URGENT! PLEASE READ!) Z2 Force force keeps restarting.

2019-08-25, 4:10 AM

wrote:

Hello everyone. Today, my Z2 Force died while I was while I wasn't paying attention. When I put it on charger, everything seemed fine. After 30 minutes I took it off charge and turned on the device. The M logo came on (with the powered by Android splash text) but then it kept repeating it. Going on and off, black screen to the M logo. I've tried holding in the power button but to no avail. Sometimes, like one in every twenty tries, it'll start up until the loading screen for Verizon but then restart the cycle all over again. 

I've looked online and the only things I found were when it kept restarting after everything's already booted up and when people are doing their business. The difference is they have time to open up settings and enter "safe mode" or "delete apps that may be causing this." I can do neither, or anything at all since it won't even finish booting. 

I need answers urgently as I am expecting a call for a job opportunity as well as use that phone for.. everything. All my accounts, emails, passwords, and the whole nine yards on the phone. Thank you for reading this post, and please someone help.

If you were to search this community you'd see that the most likely cause of this is a failing battery. You can try another charger and cable but as I've seen so many times it ends up being the battery. Only repair can fix this. Sadly even if sent in for repair you'd get a refurbished unit. Hopefully you have used all the available backup options Android provides. You'll then be able to restore anything that was backed up. If you had anything on an micro SD card, that would also be safe. 

As for your phone call, do you still have an older phone you could place your sim card into? With today's phones no longer having a user replaceable battery, having a spare us very important. I wish I had an answer that quickly fixed this issue but I do not...

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2019

US

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-08-26, 14:27 PM

Alright, so after some further researching, I have fixed my phone. I still do not know what caused this to happen though.

To fix the issue, I powered off the phone (which was difficult as it would keep turning itself back on as if it were it a constant boot limbo.) This was actually hard for me and took me a few maddening hours. But once I got it turned off, I took out the sim card and held the power button and the volume down button. This pulled a pre-boot screen.

Using the volume buttons, I scrolled down to the system recovery option (not factory mode, that doesn't do anything useful in this situation.) I pressed the power button and an Android avatar with it's torso opened up appeared. I then held the power button down for a second while simultaneously pressing the volume up button. This pulled up a rather simple looking menu. I then, using the same buttons to scroll, selected the option to wipe userdata. I hit accept and let the system wipe everything. 

After that, the phone worked fine. As a result of the wipe, and me not backing up a good portion of my stuff, I lost every contact I had, as well as 90% of my images and videos that weren't automatically backed up to Google Photos. 

I'd advise anyone to learn from my mistakes and use a cloud backup so as to not lose everything if this happens.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

09-04-2019

US

1 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-09-04, 22:22 PM

Thank you for this.

I would love to try ANYTHING except for a factory reset or wiping all of my data and settings.  has anyone had any luck?

I think if I can get into the phone while in safe mode, I can get what I need and possibly remove some apps that may or may not be the problem. However, the only way (that I have been able to determine) to get into "safe mode" is to do so while the phone is already on. :(

Any help with this 'boot loop" issue or with starting the phone in safe mode is greatly appreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save