08-07-2016

US

38 Signins

312 Page Views

• Views: 312
  • Message 1 of 8

USB drive not showing up after Oreo

2018-01-04, 6:58 AM

I haven't had a call to use my USB drive on my Z2 since the Oreo update until tonight.. when plugging it in (it's a USB-C/A flip I bought for my Z force) Android system window will appear in the drag-down saying "supplying power to attached device, tap for more options" after tapping I get the "supply power" or "software installation" options. supply power clicked remains the same, software install just makes the screen disappear, otherwise does nothing..

I've went into develop options and checked/unchecked debug, and switched USB to MTP.. nothing.. take the same drive and plug it into my Z Force and I get the usual "General USB drive" drag down with explore/eject options like I've gotten with every USB or flash adapter on Android since the beginning of time.. after countless forums/Google searches I've come up with nothing save a headache and non working drive/Z2 combo

otg checker tool says it can't detect my hardware.. but the same drive worked just fine on my Z2 before Oreo and still works just fine on my Z

Options

2035 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2897 Signins

51596 Page Views

• Views: 51596
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: USB drive not showing up after Oreo

2018-01-04, 19:13 PM

wrote:

I haven't had a call to use my USB drive on my Z2 since the Oreo update until tonight.. when plugging it in (it's a USB-C/A flip I bought for my Z force) Android system window will appear in the drag-down saying "supplying power to attached device, tap for more options" after tapping I get the "supply power" or "software installation" options. supply power clicked remains the same, software install just makes the screen disappear, otherwise does nothing..

I've went into develop options and checked/unchecked debug, and switched USB to MTP.. nothing.. take the same drive and plug it into my Z Force and I get the usual "General USB drive" drag down with explore/eject options like I've gotten with every USB or flash adapter on Android since the beginning of time.. after countless forums/Google searches I've come up with nothing save a headache and non working drive/Z2 combo

otg checker tool says it can't detect my hardware.. but the same drive worked just fine on my Z2 before Oreo and still works just fine on my Z

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with OTG. I've tested my cable and Pen/Thumb Drive with no issues. I'd like to get some more information so I can get this over to my engineers. Please provide the exact Make/Model for the OTG device you're using. Also, can you generate a bug report after you attach the adaptor and it fails to be seen as the General USB. Below are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

24 Posts

08-07-2016

US

38 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2018-01-10, 6:14 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ezfuYSu1orrqRGplqok5eAnVQnIMbiID/view?usp=drivesdk

Options

24 Posts

08-07-2016

US

38 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2018-01-10, 6:24 AM

sorry it took me so long to get back with you.. been busy..

it's happening no matter what I try to connect..I tried a flashcard reader that's usb/C that also works just fine in my Z Force, but shows the same thing in my Z2 as the USB drive.

bug report was immediately after I plugged it in while it was still plugged in with exact same results as in my original description

also I'm having the same problems as some other people have reported when trying to PM.. you're name is not a "clickable" field from my Z or my Z2.. no ones name is.. tried desktop site as well

Options

24 Posts

08-07-2016

US

38 Signins

312 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2018-01-10, 6:32 AM

usb is

NexCase Type C / USB 3.0 Rotatable Flash Drive 64g

reader is

Sminiker [USB-C to TF/ SD Card Reader ] 3 Mode: USB Type C, Micro-USB & USB Combo

both devices boot directly to explore/eject pull down on my Z

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 6 of 8

2018-01-10, 14:49 PM

Hi, timsbay1.

Thank you for sharing your details and the bug report. We have shared the same with our developer team. We will keep you posted here once we receive an update.

Thanks,

Swaraj

-Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

1 Posts

10-22-2019

IN

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 7 of 8

2019-10-22, 19:32 PM

Build info: nash-user 9 PPX29.159-23 113ea release-keys
Serial number: ZY224RHZZC

Edit: Removed attached file for privacy - Rich

Options

8591 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135092 Page Views

• Views: 135092
  • Message 8 of 8

2019-10-28, 19:24 PM

Hi Dheeraj25,

I appreciate your post and the bug report. This post was for Oreo and you're currently on Pie software version. Let me help you with this. Can you provide more details on what you're experiencing and the things you've tried and done so far? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save