11-03-2019

US

3 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 6

Ultra mobile SIM card is not recognizing on Moto z2 force

2019-11-04, 0:05 AM

I have been using Moto Z2 Force phone since last one year with Sprint network. I recently changed to new carrier Ultra mobile (a T-mobile MVNO) but the phone is not recognizing sim. A notification 'HiddenMenu: Invalid SIM card' is showing on screen. I contacted Ultra mobile thinking the SIM is damaged and they asked me to check with another phone. I tried that SIM with my old unlocked phone Moto G4 Play and it is working fine with that. I contacted Sprint as well to ask if my Moto Z2 Force is locked but they notified that it is unlocked which is further confirmed by Ultra Mobile. 

When I checked Settings>Network & Internet> Cellular Networks, the Access Point Names showing messsage 'Access Point Name settings are not available for this user' while clicking on networks just keep searching for the network without any end to this process. 

I contacted both carriers many times and they don't have a clue why this is not working. I tried to reset my phone to factory settings but still did not help.  

My Ultra mobile sim should work in any unlocked phone and it is working in my old phone (Moto G4 Play) but not on this one. Please help me in this regard, any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

- P

Options

1711 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1612 Signins

25198 Page Views

• Views: 25198
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Ultra mobile SIM card is not recognizing on Moto z2 force

2019-11-04, 13:07 PM

wrote:

I have been using Moto Z2 Force phone since last one year with Sprint network. I recently changed to new carrier Ultra mobile (a T-mobile MVNO) but the phone is not recognizing sim. A notification 'HiddenMenu: Invalid SIM card' is showing on screen. I contacted Ultra mobile thinking the SIM is damaged and they asked me to check with another phone. I tried that SIM with my old unlocked phone Moto G4 Play and it is working fine with that. I contacted Sprint as well to ask if my Moto Z2 Force is locked but they notified that it is unlocked which is further confirmed by Ultra Mobile. 

When I checked Settings>Network & Internet> Cellular Networks, the Access Point Names showing messsage 'Access Point Name settings are not available for this user' while clicking on networks just keep searching for the network without any end to this process. 

I contacted both carriers many times and they don't have a clue why this is not working. I tried to reset my phone to factory settings but still did not help.  

My Ultra mobile sim should work in any unlocked phone and it is working in my old phone (Moto G4 Play) but not on this one. Please help me in this regard, any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

- P

Some Sim cards are too slim.I blame Q/C(Qualitiy Control).Try cutting some small squares of Sellotape and put one on the back of the Sim card and add more if needed to see if the Card will contact.

HTH :)

Options

3 Posts

11-03-2019

US

3 Signins

66 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-11-04, 19:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried multiple layers it but it did not help :(

Options

1711 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1612 Signins

25198 Page Views

• Views: 25198
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-11-04, 20:32 PM

wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried multiple layers it but it did not help :(

Ok.Try this.Make sure your WiFi is off and find the Reset Network setting in the Settings.As I have a different Moto it varies so either in the Network settings or in the Backup and Restore section and reset the Network settings(you will need to write down any WiFi passwords as they will get wiped).

Then press the Power button until the phone restarts.This is a soft reboot and emulates taking the battery out and can clear clogged Ram.

Options

3 Posts

11-03-2019

US

3 Signins

66 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-11-04, 21:32 PM

Hi @Porphyrius, thanks for your suggestions and time. I tried that but still does not work. By the way, I have another non-US GSM sim card (Idea Cellular from India) that I tried in this phone and it is working perfectly fine just like my previous carrier (Sprint). Its just Ultra mobile sim that is not working in this phone for some reason. Overall these are the combinations:

Moto G4 Play + Idea Cellular = WORKS

Moto G4 Play + Ultramobile = WORKS

Moto Z2 Force + Idea Cellular = WORKS

Moto Z2 Force + Ultramobile  = DOES NOT WORK! 

I do not know what is wrong, Ultramobile says they don't see a problem and their sim should just work in any unlocked phone. Not sure if it is a problem of Phone or sim or just combination of these two :(

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-11-29, 21:10 PM

Hi donultimate,

I'll ask around if the phone will work with your MVNO, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save