Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 9

Unable to match the appropriate firmware. Some key information cannot be read from the device.

2020-12-16, 7:25 AM

I'm utilizing the most up-to-date RSA software (as far as I know, it tells me so) in order to try and fix my Z2 Force. I've been trying to fix it for over a year so I'm hoping someone in the community, or more so someone from Lenovo/Motorola, can assist me in getting my phone back so I can begin using it. I depress the power and volume down button simultaneously in order to get into the proper section. I connect the phone and RSA recognizes it when I choose the "Read Current Device". However, I keep receiving the following error message: "Unable to match the appropriate firmware. Some key information cannot be read from the device" whenever I either choose the "Read Current Device" button or when I select my Product/Variant: XT1789-04. I read about someone having the same type of problem in the Moto G community but I didn't see any final solution. My account is with T-mobile, when I was able to use it. This all started when I was charging the phone last year and when I unplugged it just before it was 100%, it restarted and said, "no command" or it just keeps rebooting automatically and thus wearing down the battery. I'm hoping that I'm not out $$$. It definitely doesn't leave a good "taste in my mouth" for Motorola. I thought it was going to be a good phone, especially when the Mod options but I cannot/won't purchase any Mods if I've been provided a lemon that dies just outside of warranty. Thank you for your time and effort in helping me get my phone back up and running. If you need any further information to assist me, please let me know ASAP!

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 2 of 9

Re:Unable to match the appropriate firmware. Some key information cannot be read from the device.

2020-12-16, 13:05 PM

Why are you booting into recovery to use R&SA (formerly LMSA)?

Have you tried the normal connection to R&SA?

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

4 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

Re:Unable to match the appropriate firmware. Some key information cannot be read from the device.

2020-12-16, 23:39 PM
My phone will not boot up normally. It keeps rebooting and, thus, wearing the battery down.
Options

4 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2020-12-18, 9:18 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Could you clarify what "normal connection" is in regards to using RSA? Thanks!

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 5 of 9

2020-12-18, 9:49 AM

I missed the part in your first post about phone constantly rebooting.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

4 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-01-13, 23:20 PM
Any further advice as to what I can do to get my phone back up and running?
Options

13579 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1280 Signins

173865 Page Views

• Views: 173865
  • Message 7 of 9

2021-01-14, 19:03 PM

Hi JustLilOlMe

Are you unable to use Rescue function due to error? Please submit your report to RSA team by providing your feedback. Click the feedback button in the tool. As for the rebooting side, I would suggest doing full factory data reset if you can still access the phone. Otherwise, try doing external reset from recovery. See here for instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

04-07-2021

Brazil

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 9

2021-04-07, 22:40 PM

Try using an older computer that has 2.0 USB ports. I was getting the same error message as you on my newest notebook, tried on an older one and achieved success.

Options

13579 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1280 Signins

173865 Page Views

• Views: 173865
  • Message 9 of 9

2021-04-08, 13:11 PM

Hi gPompeu

Thanks for sharing what works for you. I hope other users will find it helpful. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms