09-11-2017

US

2 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 3

Unable to messaging another Moto Z2 force

2017-09-11, 19:01 PM

I have noticed that there are times when I am unable to text another Moto z2 force. My wife and I both have the phone with tmobile and at time all of our messages will just sit in a Sending state.  We can text other people fine, they can text us, but when this issue starts we have to use a different messaging app.

We go between the stock app and the Google app.  As anyone else expereinced text and notification issues?

Options

74 Posts

03-09-2015

US

35 Signins

352 Page Views

• Views: 352
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to messaging another Moto Z2 force

2017-09-12, 4:18 AM
Kind of had this issue last week when texting certain people. Don't really know what fixed it, but I did do the following.

1. Turn Wi-Fi off, if on, so cellular was being used. Did it to see if my Wi-Fi was acting up.

2. Went to Settings, About phone, updated carrier configurations.

3. Turned Airplane mode on for about 10 seconds, then off. Soft refresh of service in some scenarios.

4. Settings, more, network data reset. Resets Wi-Fi, cellular signal, etc.

5. Powered off for about 30 seconds. Turned on.

Problem was fixed. Not sure what had caused it, or what step if any fixed it. A good power off and power on refreshes most things, but didn't work to fix this issue the first time. Ended up doing all the above steps to cover most bases signal wise. Hope it might help.

You can also try a SIM swap at T-Mobile. Call customer care so that they don't try and charge you for the SIM swap.

Good luck.
Options

80 Posts

08-25-2017

US

121 Signins

719 Page Views

• Views: 719
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to messaging another Moto Z2 force

2017-09-12, 17:56 PM

I have seen this too. it doesnt always just happen with the person that I am texting which is my GF on a z2 force both TMO. I just sent the dev team a bunch of logs on various issues that I am seeing on the phones. Hopefully they will get a chance to work on these.

One thing i have noticed is i see this issue much less often since i turned off use wifi calling.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save