US

84 Signins

1078 Page Views

• Views: 1078
  • Message 1 of 8

Unlock Z2 force which had 1year+ service with T-Moble

2019-12-09, 19:44 PM

Hi

1. This Z2 force was a luck draw wining from internal moto event, No t-mobile/verizon logo.
  2. It currently running Adroid 8  OS.
  3. T-Mobile unlock app currently return failed to unlock message via wi-fi connection.
  4. Call placed to T-Mobile support and came back with following answer.
  5. Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time because we are only able to provide unlock codes for T-Mobile USA handsets. Please refer your unlock request for this equipment directly to the carrier that the handset was purchased from.
  6. Can you help me to unlock this Z2 force ? 

Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Views: 135687
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Unlock Z2 force which had 1year+ service with T-Moble

2019-12-10, 18:07 PM

Hi tjyang,

Lucky you for winning the Z2 Force, glad to know about that. Regarding unlocking the phone, let me check that. can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data. 

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

34 Posts

10-25-2015

US

84 Signins

1078 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-12-11, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the response.

1. Phone info is in my Profile -> personal note section. 
  2. Please feel free to look "check-in data".
Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Views: 135687
  • Message 4 of 8

2019-12-11, 18:53 PM

Hi tjyang,

Thanks for updating your profile. Just to make it clear, Motorola doesn't provide unlock code, you can get it from the carrier which your phone is currently locked with. I checked this and your device is still with TMO. Did you buy the phone from TMO? Saw this page on the TMO website, please check the requirements. Here's the link.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

34 Posts

10-25-2015

US

84 Signins

1078 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-12-12, 1:29 AM

I did not buy the z2 phone from T-Moble, it was a win from a luck draw in Motorola internal event.

I did open up a TMO ticket and they said since I didn't buy the phone from them, they can't provide the unlock code.

Here is TMO's response

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time because we are only able to provide unlock codes for T-Mobile USA handsets. Please refer your unlock request for this equipment directly to the carrier that the handset was purchased from.

Options

133 Posts

03-20-2017

US

455 Signins

8244 Page Views

• Views: 8244
  • Message 6 of 8

2019-12-12, 16:00 PM

Do you have a T-Mobile SIM? If so, and you have used the device for more than a year with that SIM you should be able to use the Unlock app while connected to a T-Mobile data connection. If you don't have a T-Mobile SIM then you would need to get one and use it according to the terms on the T-Mobile Unlock page. The App connects to T-Mobile servers and that is how the phone is unlocked. I am not aware of any codes having to be manually entered to unlock the T-Mobile version of the Moto Z2 Force.

Options

10 Posts

04-22-2017

US

13 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-02-04, 18:56 PM

The app can't unlock the phone because the IMEI isn't part of Tmo's system. The IMEI never got entered into Tmo's system because it was never sold by Tmo.

Moto cannot provide an unlock code because the Tmo software doesn't unlock with a code. The only way to get this phone unlocked is for Tmo to add the IMEI into their tool and then use the app to unlock the phone.

Options

0 Posts

02-08-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-02-07, 23:33 PM

This seems to be a larger issue with phones received / purchased directly from Motorola.

I bought two AT&T Z2 Force phones (on massive sale) from Motorola's website - as soon as I tried to unlock them (completely within AT&T's unlocking guidelines), both of them were reported as "flagged for fraud".

SO I returned those and got another pair of AT&T Z2 Force phones, assuming it was some kind of wierd fluke.

Both of THOSE phones came back as "flagged for fraud" as well.  AT&T blamed Motorola.  Motorola blamed AT&T.  It took me TWO MONTHS of constant emails and phone calls to get Motorola to move their butts and "fix" their phones.

Result: I have two phones that now work on TMO, but I'm scared to buy anything other than "completely unlocked" from Motorola's website.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save