Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

06-25-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 4

What does it mean when my Moto Z2 Force is swelling?

2018-06-26, 20:57 PM

Yeah, going to send this one in for repairs.  BTW: None of the mods will work.  Money + Toilet = Hello Moto

Options

13079 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1254 Signins

170695 Page Views

• Views: 170695
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: What does it mean when my Moto Z2 Force is swelling?

2018-06-26, 21:47 PM

Hi BillsBayou,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. I wonder how did this happen with your phone. By the way is this related to the ones you posted for Proximity Sensor issue or we're talking about a different phone here? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

06-25-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-06-26, 22:34 PM

This is the same phone.  This is a new symptom.  I don't think it looked like this the other day.  One of the things the phone was doing with respect to the issues mentioned in the other thread, was that it would run hot as the battery percentage took a nose dive.

I did a factory reset and the rapid battery decline issue was corrected.  Before I did the reset, I could unplug the phone at 100% and watch it tick down.  100, 98, 96, 93...  Rapidly down.  Then I'd restart it in safe mode, then back to regular operation, and it would stabilize.  It just started all of this within the past two weeks. 

I submitted for a replacement phone while this phone is being repaired.  I have powered down the phone.  I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if the swelling gets worse. 

Options

405 Posts

10-16-2014

United States of America

2320 Signins

25054 Page Views

• Views: 25054
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-06-27, 3:26 AM

My 2013 MotoX did exactly what your Z2 has done.  There's no "wonder how" about it.  The battery failed and swelled up to 3x its normal thickness, popping the screen out the front, and the clear shell case off the bottom.  I bought a Z2F on Black Friday to replace it.  I bought & installed a replacement battery & kept the X as a spare phone.

The only truly stupid question is the one you SHOULD have asked - but DIDN'T.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms