Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

11-24-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 91 of 173

Re: WiFi Issues Z2 Force (Verizion)

2017-11-27, 15:22 PM

I'm still within my return window with T-Mobile. Also Motorola techsupport says they can send me a new replacement. This is my second brand new one from the T-Mobile store. Seeing all the discussion I believe this could be a carrier problem. My wife just got a Moto x4 unlocked from BestBuy and it works perfectly. Probably just going to return it. An unlocked Z2 might solve the issue but don't wanna wait around if my return window is still open and don't think unlocked Z2 Force exists. Good luck everyone. 

Options

16 Posts

10-09-2017

United States of America

27 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 92 of 173

2017-11-30, 0:12 AM

I warranty exchanged my device through Verizon and the new one appears to be connecting to my Google Wifi Mesh points correctly and passing data. I did not restore all the apps via back-up. Instead, I going to add them back manually to see if one of them causes an issue. Good luck to the rest of you.

Options

2 Posts

11-25-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 93 of 173

2017-11-30, 13:36 PM

I received your instructions - but what was going on muttiple times / day has not happened in the couple days since.    Will capture/forward when (if?) it reoccurs.     

Options

32 Posts

10-09-2017

United States of America

40 Signins

192 Page Views

• Views: 192
  • Message 94 of 173

2017-12-01, 21:04 PM

Well, that was a complete waste of time. Got a replacement today (after 45 minutes on the phone with VZW support) and fired it up from scratch. Same issue. Nothing different. Didn't install a single app before testing. Didn't even install the latest update. Had a connection for a brief time and it dropped. Looked like it reconnected but no data transmission. Installed the update, no different. 

This is complete bull sh!t. I don't get a great VZW signal at my house so WiFi is critical. 

Does the Lemon Law apply to phones?

I can't believe Lenovo can't duplicate this issue in their facilities. All they have to do is set up a Google Mesh system and fire up a Z2 Force. I bet they can duplicate it then.

This makes me want to take a sledgehammer to this POS.

Options

4 Posts

11-20-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 95 of 173

2017-12-01, 21:23 PM

@kstrehle: You are right. Luckily I was able to return mine to AT&T within 14 days.

Had to pay the $40 restocking fee and won't get refunded for the case (whose packaging I threw away) nor the plastic screen protectors I bought, but at least I won't be yelling at a phone I hate for the next two years.

My OnePlus 5T came in two days ago and I love it. 128G storage and 8G RAM and NO PRELOADED BLOATWARE APPS make it a wonderful phone so far. Oh - and you get to keep a headset jack which you can use while you're charging.

This was my 3rd attempt at a Motorola phone. Don't think I'll be back - especially through a carrier.

Their support has always been pretty lacking, but engineers refusing to actually do what needs to be done to quickly resolve an engineering problem is irresponsible.

I hope there's a class action suit about this. That seems to be the only way to get some companies to do what they should have done on their own to make things right.

Options

8 Posts

11-24-2017

United States of America

6 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 96 of 173

2017-12-01, 21:38 PM

I've had a situation with an old Moto X turbo charge issue. Motorola could never fix it after a couple exchanges and so they gave me Moto credit and I bought a different model off their site that worked out. If you're within your return window at vzw without accessing a restock fee I'd go that route and get a different phone since it's local. With my Z Force issue I was able to return mine within 3 days to tmo. If not call Motorola techsupport. It's a documented problem so you should have no problem. I've seen some get a replacement and has had luck but for the most part it's been crap. I swapped mine with a HTC U11 Life and it has zero issues.

Options

32 Posts

10-09-2017

United States of America

40 Signins

192 Page Views

• Message 97 of 173

2017-12-05, 18:59 PM

wrote:

wrote:

if you still need to capture logs, I have a MacBook Pro on the network, and have a 5-day-old z2 with identical issues described.   Please advise / forward instructions.    -Scott

Scott,

Yes, I still need logs. I'll send you a PM with the details and steps.

Thanks

Tom

, any news? It'll be 2 months on Saturday that I've (and others) have been dealing with this. I cannot believe a technology company like Lenovo can't do something to fix this issue. 

I would consider buying another device but I've got $ invested in Mods which I could only resell for 50 cents on the dollar, if I'm lucky. So, 2 months in and you've got me pinned to the wall. 

I need a solution. 

Options

17 Posts

10-05-2015

United States of America

17 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 98 of 173

2017-12-06, 11:25 AM

I have the exact same issue with an Unlocked Moto Z2 Play and my Google wifi mesh system. Only thing that has worked for me was to have the phone connect to the Guest Network. Seems to work fine now. I don't need access to anything on my home network so I guess I can live with it for now.

Options

4 Posts

12-08-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 99 of 173

2017-12-08, 15:56 PM

Exact same issue with unlocked Z2 play and Google WiFi. I sent first phone back and ordered another thinking I got a bad one.  Second phone does same thing.  No issues on wifi with original z play.  Z2 play does work on guest Network of Google WiFi, but kinda need access to stuff on my network.  Is there going to be a fix for this Motorola?  Should be easy enough to duplicate if you have Google mesh network setup as my new phones are 2 for 2 with the issue.

Options

32 Posts

10-09-2017

United States of America

40 Signins

192 Page Views

• Message 100 of 173

2017-12-08, 16:06 PM

Not sure what to do... The Moto/Lenovo folks that have been responding on this thread have gone radio silent. Do we take to Twitter/Facebook and try to get someone else from Moto/Lenovo to pay attention? There's been 100 posts and a ton of views. This is clearly not an isolated issue. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms