05-14-2019

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 6

Wireless charging screen keeps popping up

2019-05-14, 3:53 AM

I have a 3d printed phone holder in my truck that includes a built-in wireless charger. When I'm using a mapping program (or anytime its docked in the phone holder), once in a while the screen changes to the pic I have posted here, and after like 10-15 seconds, goes back to the mapping program. 

This is not the screen that comes up just once, that says "Wireless charger detected". That does not bother me.

It may be because there is a little bit of gap between the wireless charge pad and the phone, and maybe when I hit a bump, it disconnects and reconnects the wireless charging. I've not noticed that it is related to me hitting any bumps though. I can't even say how often it happens because it is so random.

I would just like to not see this screen at all. I can tell by the battery icon if it's charging so I don't need this screen.

Android 8.0.0

XT1650-02

Kate Spade Charger KSMO-005-Sttgf Power Pack Wireless (efficiency Mode)

Options

8623 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1020 Signins

135277 Page Views

• Views: 135277
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Wireless charging screen keeps popping up

2019-05-14, 20:45 PM

Hi goofy173,

Thanks for the post. I'd like to confirm, are you using the mod with the phone when you placed it to the phone holder? Also, what's the make and model of your phone holder? And what's the mapping app were you using?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-17-2017

US

11 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-05-15, 1:52 AM

Thank you for such a quick reply.

The cell phone holder is of my design but that is inconsequential. It's just a 3d printed plastic holder that holds the charger to the phone. The wireless charger is Tzumi Fast Wireless Charger. But it does the same thing with a Samsung wireless charger. The mapping software I use is Google maps and Waze, but it happens with any app I'm using. I just don't want to see that charging screen that I posted.

Its probably something that I cannot shut off and that's OK. It's not a bad problem. It's just annoying when it happens.

After playing around with the phone to see why it's happening, this screen cones up anytime the wireless charger is detected, even if it lost the charger for only a second. Can charging notifications be turned off? That's really what I need. 

Options

8623 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1020 Signins

135277 Page Views

• Views: 135277
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-05-16, 13:07 PM

Hi Goofu173

Thanks for the reply. It looks like due to the custom built-in wireless charger and/or due to the bumps you're hitting.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-01-2014

United States

8 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-09-14, 8:28 AM

Go into apps and have it display system apps.  Find "inductive charger" and disable it. 

Options

4 Posts

08-17-2017

US

11 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-09-14, 9:01 AM

Thank you! That is exactly what I was after. Too bad Lenovo Motorola doesn't know it. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save