02-16-2018

US

11 Signins

127 Page Views

• Views: 127
  • Message 1 of 6

can not connect to car stereos through usb connection

2018-02-16, 22:02 PM

I just bought the Moto Z2 Force, so far love it, loaded a bunch of music in to it and went and purchased some USB to C- Connection cords, down loaded the Kenwood and Jvc apps and the phone will not connect to either stereos! Tried to switch the transfer preference to File Transfer and MIDI connection, both plays said it could not connect, and the apps do not recognize the Recievers?  Is there a setting in the OS that is blocking this, need help?

LLOYD J BUCKNER
Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: can not connect to car stereos through usb connection

2018-02-17, 14:17 PM

wrote:

I just bought the Moto Z2 Force, so far love it, loaded a bunch of music in to it and went and purchased some USB to C- Connection cords, down loaded the Kenwood and Jvc apps and the phone will not connect to either stereos! Tried to switch the transfer preference to File Transfer and MIDI connection, both plays said it could not connect, and the apps do not recognize the Recievers?  Is there a setting in the OS that is blocking this, need help?

I just tested with my car and after switching usb to file transfer mode (connect phone and change by opening notification in list) my mazda system sees it right away. 

Scanning was much slower then either bt or usb stick though

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

7 Posts

02-16-2018

US

11 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-02-17, 14:39 PM

I'm using a Kenwood system, tried using all options including file and Midi connection, set the USD to auto and the Android setup to both options, still nothing! And it is a newer unit!

LLOYD J BUCKNER
Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-02-17, 14:42 PM

wrote:

I'm using a Kenwood system, tried using all options including file and Midi connection, set the USD to auto and the Android setup to both options, still nothing! And it is a newer unit!

Maybe test in safe mode to make sure nothing on the phone is interfering. You do have to change from usb charging to file transfer though. 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

7 Posts

02-16-2018

US

11 Signins

127 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-11-30, 20:56 PM
Alpha, I just connected through the headphone adapter and for the 17 min drive to my first account, its all good
LLOYD J BUCKNER
Options

1 Posts

09-21-2019

US

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-09-21, 14:44 PM

I think I have figured a patch for moto e5 and Kenwood double din screened car radios!!!. I have been struggling for sometime trying to figure a solution to pair my Moto e5 and my Kenwood dmx-955s radio. So this morning I was looking through Google play for some Kenwood apps. I have tried to download all to see if this will work with no success. I downloaded Kenwood mirroring app, Android auto and then Kenwood smartphone control. I made sure that the Kenwood apps had full access through permissions. I also made them available through accessibility. When out to my vehicle and hooked my phone up to the USB and when prompted I did the set-up . Everything is working yeah!!!. So I unplugged the USB while the radio was still on and reconnect. Error message smartphone is not compatible. ( **bleep**.YOU WHERE JUST WORKING)!!!. So I unplugged USB. I started to open Android auto and while it was loading I quickly connect the USB again. Successful. So through this combination the radio is now communicating to phone and vice versa. I did not download Kenwood weblink. I think that interferes with a successful connection. I did this multiple times this morning with success. I hope this helps everyone.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save