US

1044 Signins

139782 Page Views

• Views: 139782
  • Message 21 of 50

Re: usb headphone adapter issues after oreo 8 on tmobile

2018-09-17, 19:12 PM

Hi Boby03,

Thanks for confirming. One of my colleagues will reach out to you. We might have you to try another adapter. Keep us posted here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

09-24-2018

US

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 22 of 50

2018-09-24, 21:00 PM

I just picked up my Z2 Force and I can confirm the same issue on Oreo. I'm using the supplied adapter and the workaround that I found that works is to unplug the adapter, plug in the usb-c power adapter, unplug it and then replug the adapter. My adapter will work for multiple plug/unplug cycles but will eventually fail. To recreate the issue, I unplugged/plugged the adapter  (about 8-10) until the audio only came out of the phones speaker. I then confirmed that after doing this several more times that the port is indeed 'dead'. Now, I plug the power cord in/out and replug the adapter in and poof everything is back to normal. I noticed that on some ocassions a reboot works but not always. 

I also purchased the splitter adapter the OP mentions and I can confirm that it doesn't matter which one is used. The failure can be recreated consistently with either adapter doing the same procedure I explain above. The fix also works with both.

I don't believe this is a physical issue with the port and that it is software related based on my recreation of the issue.

Hope this helps find a solution Motorola.

Options

1 Posts

09-27-2018

US

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 23 of 50

Headphone adapter.

2018-09-27, 7:26 AM

My original headphone adapter stopped work. I made sure the ear buds and other types of headphone including the aux cord in my car, I also went and purchased new adapters and I'm still at a standstill. Audio will only play from the phones speaker. I've asked other people to see if it's the phone of the adapter. Turns out it's the phone itself that isn't working properly. I've done everything I possibly could have solved this problem. 

Options

4 Posts

10-30-2018

MX

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 24 of 50

2018-10-30, 8:07 AM

Hi all

I have the same issue with my Moto Z2 Force. 

Even though I connect my headphones through the USB-C to 3.5 mm adapter, the sound is still reproduced on the speakers. I can get them to work if I reset the phone while having the headphones and adapter connected, but at the beginning I hear static noise. When it starts working properly after reset, if I unplug a little bit the adapter, it doesn't work properly again even though I reconnect it. Then another reset has to be done. This is painful.

I'm using original Motorola headphones adapter and I don't have any other issue with my phone. I have andriod 8 (Oreo). I've tested other adapter/headphones combinations and also made soft and hard reset but the issue is exactly the same. I would appreciate some help thanks!! 

Options

2 Posts

10-30-2018

US

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 25 of 50

2018-10-30, 16:59 PM

I, too, am having the same issue.  It has just started within the last month.  I would also like to be advised as to how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Options

9135 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1044 Signins

139782 Page Views

• Message 26 of 50

2018-10-30, 18:43 PM

Hi ArmandoLara,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the steps you've tried. I wonder if it's the headphone jack itself. Let's try testing this on the Device Help app > Fix > Audio Jack > Headset. Let me know the results. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

10-30-2018

MX

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 27 of 50

2018-10-30, 19:06 PM

Thank you for the quick response Agent Rich!! 

I didn't know about the Device Help app. I just double checked and the jack is detected when I can get the adapter and headphones to work which is after a restart while headphones and adapter are connected, if I unplug the adapter only once, I have to restart again for it to work properly. Another symptom is that when headphones and adapter are working  media, phone and alarm volume levels change rapidly and randomly from minimum to maximum, as if there was a false contact of something similar.Please find attached screenshot when adapter and headphones are detected. (I attached first the screen shot when it is not detected and then I couldn't replace the file, please find the screen shot when it is detected in next reply comment) 

I also thought it was the USB-C 3.5mm adapter  but I have tested with other working original Moto adapter from a friend and it presents the same issue. In addition I tested my adapter in her Moto Z2 Play and it worked properly.  I tested with other working headphones and headphones didn't seem to be the problem either.  

Please let me know if I should take my phone to the carrier for warranty. Phone has less tha than a year.

Thank you for your attention Agent Rich 

Options

4 Posts

10-30-2018

MX

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Message 28 of 50

2018-10-30, 20:18 PM

Screenshot when adapter and headphones are detected by Device Help app

Options

2 Posts

10-30-2018

US

5 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 29 of 50

2018-10-30, 20:42 PM

I, too, just tested my connection and it is recognizing the connection.  I also tested it out after and it seems to be working fine now.  Please advise as to what to do the next time it happens, because this seems to be an ongoing and wide-spread problem.   Thanks.

Options

9135 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1044 Signins

139782 Page Views

• Message 30 of 50

2018-10-31, 19:19 PM

Hi ArmandoLara,

Thanks for further explaining. It's odd that this is intermittent and would only work after power cycle. Let's try testing this on Safemode. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete