Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

73 Posts

09-18-2018

Netherlands

423 Signins

2703 Page Views

• Views: 2703
  • Message 191 of 205

Re:Android P for moto Z2 play

2020-09-24, 20:24 PM

This will never happen, this dumpster fire of a company is al about grabbing as much money they can from customers and then giving them the finger. The excuses departement probably has more employees then the whole company has developers. 

Options

6 Posts

05-22-2020

United States of America

9 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 192 of 205

2020-11-13, 18:06 PM

It's been OVER TWO YEARS since this question was originally asked.

Motorola: You are now verifiably a dishonest and untrustworthy company. I will go out of my way to make sure that not only I do not buy your products any more, but also tell everyone I can about this experience. I have referred to this specific experience at my company as well as evidence that Lenovo in general is an untrustworthy company and their stated promises are not worth the paper they are printed on. When the next opportunity comes up for us to look into business machines, I will try as hard as I can to make sure we DO NOT select Lenovo as our supplier partner.

Moto Z2 Play who now knows that Lenovo and Motorola are untrustworthy and will never get another dollar from me. Shame on me for ever buying their products to begin with.
Options

2 Posts

12-07-2020

India

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 193 of 205

2020-12-07, 20:38 PM

why the hell this thread is solved I see no android 9 on my moto z2 play (India version). it has been 2+ years since android pie released, I want android 9 on my moto z2 play with vo-wifi feature. get it done Lenovo or Motorola whatever.  take this as a warning but if i didn't receive update i will make sure that everyone I know, will never buy any moto or Lenovo product. 

I think Apple is far smarter than you at least they provide software support for  5  or more year old devices.

don't push your loyal customers to their limits, Lenovo. or in simple words, dont treat your loyal customers like ***.

waiting for the update,

peace out.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language, please abide by our rules and guidelines -Zeke 

Options

2 Posts

12-07-2020

India

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 194 of 205

Re:Where's my Pie update?

2020-12-07, 21:04 PM

@Agent_Rich   "I'm sorry, but we have no information about upgrade plans for this phone." why don't you tell this when we were paying for this ***** phone.  I have some information for you and your boss, tell your boss and every other employee to start searching for a new job, cause Motorola is soon going bankrupt. this is not how business is done. sucking up to new customers and kicking in the ball of old customers. you have any idea how many competitors you have in this business.

you are really pissing us off Lenovo, I don't know, I want android pie in my moto z2 play. you heard me lenovo I want android pie on my moto z2 play.

please don't do this, give us our android p OTA.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language, please follow our rules and guidelines. -Zeke 

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Germany

43 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 195 of 205

2020-12-30, 18:24 PM

So where is android 9 for z2 play? Removed from motorola germany support list, and no information. Still for example brazilian phones seem to get the update!

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Germany

43 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 196 of 205

Re:Where's my Pie update?

2020-12-30, 18:27 PM

So where is android 9 for z2 play? Removed from motorola germany support list, and no information. Still for example brazilian phones seem to get the update! Why everywhere is written the issue is solved,when it's not?  Why these lies?

Options

12 Posts

09-16-2018

Netherlands

22 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 197 of 205

2021-01-24, 12:53 PM

So it has come to this sad situation, the mods have time to edit posts of angry and lied to customers but refuse to answer legitimatie questions about promised updates, that are said tot be released. I just can't stop wondering hoe they go to sleep, smiling and feeling good about them selves knowing they have to lie and mislead for a living, working for a company like this.

Options

2 Posts

03-23-2015

Brazil

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 198 of 205

2021-01-30, 16:28 PM

When will the Moto Z2 Play be updated to Android 9?  I live in Russia and I was promised support up to version 9 of the system, but more than two years have passed since the new version of Android appeared, and we have nothing on our phone.  Please write an official answer, notify the owners of Moto Z2 play devices if there is no update.  I really look forward to hearing from you!

Когдадет обновление для Moto Z2 Play до версии Андроид 9? Я живу в России и мне обещали поддержку до 9 версии системы, однако более двух лет прошло с момента появления новой версии Андроид, а у нас на телефоне ничего нет. Напишите пожалуйста официальный ответ, оповестите владельцев устройств Moto Z2 play если обновления не будет. Очень жду ответа от вас! 

Options

7 Posts

02-14-2021

Russian Federation

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 199 of 205

Re: Android P for moto Z2 play

2021-02-21, 6:38 AM
Hello Rich! When motoz2play will have android9pie update?
Options

12 Posts

09-16-2018

Netherlands

22 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 200 of 205

2021-03-18, 15:16 PM

@ Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

There are many moving parts when releasing software updates – partner support, regional differences and carrier decisions are just a few. Once an update is available for your region or carrier, you is expected to be notified on your phone. If you know of other users in your region or on your carrier that have received an update and you have not, let us know and we can investigate.

Just make sure your forum profile is updated with the correct IMEI or SN from your device https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Reading back through this thread my B.S. meter went through the roof with this one whahaha, the excuses just keep on coming. Whahahahaha useless. You mean to say that those "incompetent" so called developers still haven't figured out how to cookup a working version for the Z2 play? How can anyone take moto serious after all these update f* ups they made and promises they have broken. Not telling the forum mods anything or instructing them not to tell anything usefull to the customer only copy paste standard B.S. answers. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms