Options

9 Posts

02-10-2019

DE

13 Signins

197 Page Views

• Views: 197
  • Message 1 of 4

Black Screen & Reboot issue could be battery related?

2019-12-08, 16:08 PM

I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one having this black screen issue.

It started already quite some time ago and I'm having it almost every day.

Usually while using the camera or doing other stuff that could be battery intensive like playing videos or games or doing video chats.

What i figured out is that it only occurs when battery drops below a certain percentage, usually it's below 60%. If i don't have it discharged that much or leave it on the charger this doesn't occur, independently of how many days it's already running.

The screen goes black, sounds do continue to play and I can use the fingerprint sensor (so it vibrates) or do the flashlight gesture to turn it on & off, eventually the phone reboots and takes quite some time to do so, afterwards the battery is usually at around 40% and it's quite likely to happen again within the hour, after another restart it's usually between 20 and 30%.

So could it be an energy management or even battery issue or something similar?

I think it started when I was having massive battery drain issues and these started a short while after the last security update.

I also noticed, sometimes before the restart happens the white light above the top right of the screen is blinking for about minute or two, but not every time.

This is really annoying and makes the phone almost unusable if you need to rely on it to work. Because the update to Android 9 is due since the beginning of the year I was hopeful that this will fix the issue but i'm beginning to lose hope as it's already delayed by almost a year.

**removed** motorola, please fix this! Otherwise I'll never buy one again and the Z2 Play is my third after the Defy+ and the G5. And I've convinced several friends and members of my family to also buy a motorola as I was quite satisfied and they trust my opinion. But I'm already looking for a new phone although this Z2 is not even 2 years old and it won't be a Motorola again if this is left unfixed.

Really disappointed

Marc

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Options

11411 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1164 Signins

157875 Page Views

• Views: 157875
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Black Screen & Reboot issue could be battery related?

2019-12-10, 16:20 PM

Hi Marc, 

Please do not start new threads with existing thread/s on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. Here's the existing thread  Thanks.

Closing thread.

-Rich

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Black Screen & Reboot issue could be battery related?

2020-04-02, 10:14 AM

I have exactly the same problem. This is NOT the same topic as "Black screen during call, unable to get the screen working", https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z%C2%B2-Play/Black-screen-during-call-unable-to-get-the-screen-working/m-p/4175901. The behavior is totally different from what is described there except that the screen becomes black. The solutions posted there are either well known (like factory reste) or do not relate to the issue (like proximity sensor) and do not resolve the problem.

Options

11411 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1164 Signins

157875 Page Views

• Views: 157875
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Black Screen & Reboot issue could be battery related?

2020-04-03, 21:34 PM

Hi artem.tamazov,

Can you share more details of what you're experiencing? I'd like to help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete